Applications due 12/15/19
Location: 275 Convention Drive, Cary, NC, USA
The Triangle Aquatic Center (TAC) was founded to fill the long-term need for year-round public aquatic facilities that addresses the health, safety, recreation and competition needs of Triangle citizens and organizations. TAC is the host to over 80 aquatic events and visited by more than 500,000 patrons annually. TAC is the home for the TAC TITANS Swim Team, NCHSAA Championships, Special Olympics of North Carolina, the National Black Heritage Meet and many more.
Primary Responsibilities – Events
- Attract and schedule events / meets in conjunction with availability of TAC partners and programs;
- Coordinate with internal and external event clientele to maximize the guest and athlete experience and TAC profitability;
- Assist with facility setup and teardown, meet setup and results in accordance with host specifics – PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS POSITION REQUIRES A GREAT DEAL OF PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
- Manage all aspects of event invoicing, collection and reporting.
- Oversee TITANS Meet Director.
- Resolve any issues that arise during the course of the event, including incidents related to timing, results and meet services;
- Liaise with meet hosts, coaches, hospitality coordinators, media, external vendors, NC Swimming and other governance organizations related to events;
- Oversee Meet Director for Wake County High School swim meets and other external events held at TAC.
- Manage all aspects of TAC’s fundraising events.
- Manage meet vendors & commission payment collection for all TITANS hosted meets.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Preferred background in competitive swimming.
- Strong understanding of computer systems and network operations
- Ability to work some weeknights and weekends.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with Hytek Meet Management software and/or high degree of computer experience;
- Comfortable with technology and basic Microsoft applications; web services a plus
- Confidence in a multi-task-oriented environment
- Passion for health, safety, recreation and / or competition, preferably in aquatics
- Highly organized and detailed oriented
- Demonstrated ability to be a strong leader and motivator
- Experienced management skills
- Excellent work ethic
- Excellent interpersonal skills and comfortable working in a highly collaborative and dynamic growth oriented work environment
- Expected to work independently with good judgment and routine supervision
Education: Bachelor’s degree, Advanced degree a plus.
Experience: 1-3 years proven management experience
- Base Annual Salary range $32,000 – $35,000 to be reviewed at the start of each calendar year.
- 401(K) Retirement – Eligible after 6 months of service / TAC matches up 50% up to 4.0% of employee deferral.
- Group Insurance – Eligible for Group Health, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance
- Other Benefits include Internal Programs Credit, Paid Time Off and Holiday Pay Please apply with resume and cover letter. Position is available now and we are looking for an immediate hire.
Job Type: Full-time
How to Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to Mark Frank / [email protected]
275 Convention Drive
Cary, NC 27511