Applications due 11/17/18
The El Dorado Hills Tasmanian Devils’ (EDH TAZ) is a recreational swim team committed to the belief that age group swimming is an exciting and worthwhile experience for swimmers and their families. With more than 400 swimmers competing annually, our expectation is competitive swimming techniques will be enjoyed by all swimmers of all abilities based on three principles:
- Participation and recreational-based swimming are the foundation of EDH TAZ.
- Competitive performance is important along with creating a positive experience to facilitate swimmers’ improvement.
- Foster a team environment that emphasizes sportsmanship, team spirit and community.
Head Coach Opportunity
We are looking to fill the Head Coaching position for the 2019 season which runs from April thru July, with additional meetings and strategic planning to occur outside of that time. The Head Coach is responsible for creating a fun, competitive and positive swim program that will develop and improve the technique of our swimmer athletes; provide training and practices that improve team achievement; and lastly, build camaraderie and sportsmanship.
The best candidate will have excellent people and organizational skills; be knowledgeable about swim, stroke techniques and how swim teams run; is passionate about swimming; enjoys mentoring youth; actively engages in developing character and sportsmanship; able to manage small and large groups of people, will be a strong leader and mentor to the entire coaching staff, and is eager to help swimmers improve.
Off-season clinics in the spring and fall are additional employment opportunities for the Head Coach to work on technique with EDH TAZ swimmers and other athletes from within the community.
- Recruiting, supervising and mentoring assistant and swimmer coaches.
- Setting expectations, outlining roles/responsibilities and scheduling.
- Designing and managing all practices, tailoring daily workouts for different age groups and/or abilities as necessary.
- Work within the parameters of pool availability to develop practice schedules, practice groups, and criteria for advancement from group to group for the entire EDH TAZ program. Facilitate individual age appropriate goal setting processes with all swimmers. Assess swimmers as needed.
- Have prompt attendance at all scheduled practice and swim meets. It is duty of the swim coach to be present at all swim meets and team functions.
- Write the meet, create relays and manage the process.
- Foster a positive team environment that emphasizes good sportsmanship, mutual respect for others, and, above all, having fun.
- Develop and communicate philosophy, goals and/or vision.
- Consistently evaluate and improve program to ensure achievement and growth of all swimmers and the program itself.
- Proactively communicate with parents and swimmers about activities, practices and improvements.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Proficient computer skills (Team Unify, Meet Mobile, Meet Manager, Google Apps).
- Strong background in competitive swimming with a minimum of 5+ years progressive coaching experience.
- Experience in developing swimmers from beginner to high-level.
- Ability to effectively communicate appropriate goals and progressions to swimmers and parents.
- Strong knowledge of stroke technique progression, training progression and taper strategies for all levels.
- Current on all background checks and certifications.
- Access to a network of resources to stay updated on latest teaching methods.
- Experience with Team Unify preferred.
- Minimum 5 years in a competitive coaching experience
- Salary is commensurate with experience and determined by the Coaching Committee
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to the EDH TAZ Coaching Committee c/o Colleen Simkin at [email protected]