Vacancy #: 983003
Salary Range: Commensurate with Qualifications
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
The primary and most important responsibility of a coach is instructing student-athletes. Reporting to the Head Coach – Men’s and Women’s Swimming and Diving, the individual serving in this position is responsible for, but not limited to, the following duties:
- Coordinate and manage all aspects of position/positions assignment as directed by the Head Coach.
- Performs planning, organization and execution for coaching (instruction/education) duties as described and assigned by the Head Coach for all meetings, practice sessions and competitions
- Function in game day organization and assignments as prescribed by the Head Coach.
- Evaluation of opponents and the development of a game plan for student-athlete instruction in accordance with position/positions assignment as prescribed by the Head Coach.
- Perform recruiting activities and responsibilities as assigned by the Head Coach and/or Swimming recruiting coordinator to meet the objectives of the university and team, including the evaluation, contact, and establishing relationships with prospective student-athletes and coaches.
- Attend all staff meetings as scheduled by the Head Coach.
- Assist in the development of team rules and policies.
- Responsible for supervision, instruction and direction of student-athletes as assigned by the Head Coach.
- Support, abide and enforce all academic guidelines and policies of the university, athletics department and Swimming program to insure academic progress of the student-athlete as directed by the Head Coach.
- Support and work cooperatively with Sports Medicine/Athletic Training, Strength and Conditioning, Equipment, Student Development, Life Skills, NCAA Compliance, Media Relations etc. areas in accordance with department policies and procedures.
- Assist with administrative functions of the Swimming program as directed by the Head Coach.
- Perform duties with professional conduct, being fiscally responsible and with a commitment to student-athlete well-being.
- Abide by all written policies, procedures and guidelines of East Carolina University, the Department of Athletics, the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), and all applicable conferences or associations.
- Build quality relationships and work collaboratively and professionally with athletics, Pirate Club and University staff, students, and all constituencies and stakeholders.
- Be available to make appearances, perform media interviews, speaking engagements and support ECU Pirate Club activities representing the Swimming program and ECU athletics.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Head Coach.
Bachelor’s degree required.
Qualifying degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions and conferred by the time of hire.
Preferred Education and Experience:
Prior collegiate diving participation and/or coaching experience are preferred.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
East Carolina University requires applicants to submit a candidate profile online in order to be considered for the position. Candidates must also submit a cover letter, a curriculum vitae/resume, and a list of three references, including contact information, online.
Original transcript required within 30 days of employment.
East Carolina University seeks to create an environment that fosters the recruitment and retention of a more diverse student body, faculty, staff and administration. In order to promote the university’s diversity goal, the Athletics Department encourages applicants from women, minorities, and historically underrepresented groups.
Additional Instructions to Applicants:
Applicants must complete a candidate profile or staff application (see “Application Types Accepted” below) online via the PeopleAdmin system. In addition, applicants must submit the documents requested in order to be considered for the position.
Application Types Accepted:
Candidate Profile (EHRA only)
Applications will be considered until position is filled. Please submit an online ECU application for vacancy # 983003 to ECU Human Resources at www.jobs.ecu.edu.
East Carolina University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Visit this job posting at https://ecu.peopleadmin.com/applicants/Central?quickFind=86398
How to Apply