Applications due 07/30/23
Date posted: January 17, 2023
Location: Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Director of Performance Swim Coach
Guelph Marlins Aquatic Club – Guelph, ON
Full-Time (1 positions)
Start Date: no later than September 1, 2023.
Guelph Marlins Aquatic Club is seeking a Full Time Director of Performance Swim Coach.
GMAC is a Non Profit swim club that has between 500-1000 swimmers across our Learn to Swim, Competitive, and Masters programs registered throughout the year.
The successful candidate will bring an abundance of positive energy and focus on the Senior and Elite swimmers and Masters programs, but not limited to these programs. The Director of Performance will work collaboratively with the Director of Development and the assistance of their coaching staff to identify and move athletes into the performance and/or senior programs within GMAC and work with the athletes to set and achieve their goals, from Regionals to Trials and into post secondary competition. This position will consist of on deck coaching, administrative duties, mentoring, strategizing, and planning up to 40 hours per week.
We want to find TEAM MEMBERS who are TEAM PLAYERS who are driven to learn, share, grow and work hard. Candidates must be positive, enthusiastic and able to encourage and have positive energy with all athletes in our club. Teaching the fundamentals of proper stroke technique, athletic development, physical and mental health from an early age through our swim school and into the pre-competitive and competitive programming are key tenets of this role.
The ability to work collaboratively towards achieving and guiding all swimmer’s to their full potential whether it be Learn-to-Swim, Recreational, Regional, Provincial or National Level swimming is paramount.
Director of Performance Swim Coach Responsibilities:
● Available to coach in the mornings, evenings and weekends throughout the year
● Must be available to attend multiple weekend meets per month
● Create a fun and inviting learning environment to encourage growth and retention
● Develop and execute programs geared to Competitive Senior Groups and Master Programs but may lead a junior program to ensure a working understanding of collaboration between the two directors and focuses.
● Serve as a role model for youth with the ability to demonstrate the values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility and have a positive and encouraging nature in a safe environment
● Work collaboratively with the Director of Age Group Development Swim Coach to further develop & implement an annual comprehensive swimming strategy that identifies the best technical training program to elevate all levels of GMAC swimmers
● Attend regular staff meetings and contribute to the team
● Work collaboratively with the Director of Age Group Development Swim Coach and General Manager to build a well-rounded meet schedule for our athletes and integrate into our own historical hosted meet schedule
● Work collaboratively with the Director of Age Group Development Swim Coach and General Manager to develop/execute/adjust hosted meet schedule and events
● Responsible for meet entries in Meet Manager based on established timelines and ensure direct reports also adhere to established timelines.
● Maintain accurate records for swimmers and their progression
● Work collaboratively with Director of Age Group Development Swim Coach on a published mentorship program/schedule of all coaches who are direct reports
● Work collaboratively with Director of Age Group Development Swim Coach and General Manager to recruit and retain coaches to run programs effectively within the annual budget guidelines
● Establish positive professional relationship with swimmers, parents, community and other coaches
● Provide clear communication with swimmers, parents, coaches, General Manager and board as required
● Contribute to weekly family communication as needed
● Participate in annual planning for upcoming seasons
● Working collaboratively with Director of Age Group & Development Swim Coach and General Manager
● Includes placements, pool time estimations/schedules, swim coach travel costs, number of swimmers, etc.
● Assist to maintain safe social media presence promoting the team
● Engage in learning; continuing education through CSCA, NCCP development, etc
● Work collaboratively with the Director of Age Group Development Swim Coach on yearly reviews of coaches who are direct reports.
● Collaborate, develop and execute with the team on developing annual swimmer banquet
● Work with General Manager to resolve member questions and concerns in a fair and responsible manner utilizing our operating policies as guidance
● Monthly report submission and presentation to the GMAC Board of Directors – include your respective groups – work collaboratively with the Director of Age Group Development Swim Coach
● Adhere to all policies including GMAC, Swim Ontario, Swimming Canada, and all facilities where we participate
● Work collaboratively with Director of Age Group Development Swim Coach and General Manager to conduct annual club equipment inventory audit
● Participate in all Team Functions
● Strong leadership
● Proven ability to work in a team environment
● Problem Solver
● Minimum NCCP Age Group Coach Certified Level 2 or equivalent
● Willingness for continual education
● Has knowledge and experience of technical and training aspects of competitive swimming.
● Ability to communicate with swimmers, staff and parents in a professional manner
● Ability to work independently and in team environment
● Must pass all appropriate background checks
● Computer savvy
Salary range of $75-85K commensurate on experience. Position includes health benefits, partial education renumeration, and swim travel expenses.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to the General Manager at [email protected]
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Please submit resume by: July 30, 2023.
How to Apply
email resume, cover letter, coaching certifications to the General Manager at [email protected]