Date posted: June 6, 2022
Location: 360 North Arroyo Boulevard, Pasadena, CA, USA
The Director of Developmental Swimming manages the day-to-day operations and long term strategic direction of the Rose Buds Developmental Swim Team, the feeder program for all competitive aquatics teams at the Rose Bowl Aquatics Center (RBAC). The Director brings an inspirational energy, swimming expertise, and enthusiasm to practice every day. This position reports to the Head Swim Coach.
- Coach swimmers ages 6-18, create practice plans for the Rose Buds coaching staff as needed;
- Assess new swimmers during tryouts and help new families register for the program, approach new families with a customer-service mindset;
- Assess the curriculum and tryout procedures to align with competitive team vision; and
- Maintain active USA Swimming Coach membership, including all courses and certifications
- Work with RBAC leadership team to develop and maintain a program budget;
- Recruit, retain, mentor and develop a talented coaching staff;
- Establish season calendar and registration deadlines;
- Communicate with current parents about program deadlines, direction, and vision;
- Organize productive coaches meetings; and
- Work collaboratively with the Swim Team Head Coach, RBAC Executive Director, and coaches to advance team goals
Previous experience teaching swim lessons, coaching other sports, or working with kids ages 6-18. Prior experience managing a coaching staff of at least 3 coaches. Experience giving coaches direction, conducting performance evaluations, and hiring/recruiting coaching talent. Prior experience as an athlete in a USA Swimming program is a plus.
Work is generally performed outdoors involving potentially inclement weather conditions. Position requires regular contact with the public, swim athletes and parents. Must be able to work under pressure, exercise sound judgment, and adhere to deadlines.
- Lifting, carrying, pushing, or pulling light objects
- Sitting or standing for extended periods of time
- Seeing to review and/or provide coaching feedback
- Hearing and speaking to exchange information in person and on the telephone
- Bending at the waist, kneeling, or crouching
This classification is non-exempt from FLSA requirements.
Full-Time, Some Weekends Required
Anticipated Hourly Range:
$25.00 – $28.00
How to Apply
To apply for the position please visit: https://recruiting.myapps.paychex.com/appone/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=4652510
360 N Arroyo Blvd
Pasadena, CA 91103
phone: 626-564-0330 X423