Date posted: May 17, 2021
Location: 601 Garretson Road, Bridgewater Township, NJ, USA
Greater Somerset County YMCA is seeking a Director of Aquatics to oversee aquatic operations at the Bridgewater and Somerville branches. Under the direction of the Senior Branch Executive Director, the Aquatics Director will provide leadership in developing, implementing, and administering aquatics programs that are consistent with the mission of Greater Somerset County YMCA. Will supervise approximately 60 part-time staff and manage a budget of approximately $375,000.
Evening and weekend hours required.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of all aquatic programs including but not limited to swim lessons (parent/child, preschool, youth, adult, private and summer camp), and lifeguard training.
- Develop and manage the Aquatics Department budget
- Supervise Deck Supervisors, Swim/Aquacise Instructors and Lifeguards
- Recruitment, selection, training, development and evaluation of Aquatics program staff.
- Coordinate and schedule private swim lessons, group swim lessons, water exercise classes, open lane swim and pool rentals.
- Responsible for training all Aquatics staff on emergency response and opening and closing procedures, Blood Borne Pathogen/HAZMAT, and Child Abuse Prevention Training.
- Teach swim lessons, water exercise, swim instructor and LGI trainings and other aquatic classes as needed.
- Scheduling and coverage of all assigned lifeguard and/or swim instructor shifts.
- Responsible for planning and conducting monthly in-service trainings for Aquatics staff who hold Lifeguard certification.
- Responsible for running YMCA and American Red Cross certification or re-certification classes for current staff and membership population.
- Responsible for maintaining certification records.
- Responds to all member and community inquiries and complaints in timely manner.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience managing an aquatics facility including staff supervision.
- Bachelor’s Degree in physical education, recreation, or related field or equivalent experience
- Experience in and ability to direct aquatics programming through supervision of staff and volunteers, development and monitoring of budgets, marketing and public relations, program development and fund-raising experience.
- Strong organizational, leadership, administrative, and computer skills including solid working knowledge of Microsoft Word/Excel.
- Proven communication skills, both written and verbal, and strong human relations skills.
- Strong knowledge of budgeting and expense control.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as required.
- Current Lifeguard Certification, Lifeguard Instructor certification a plus.
- Knowledge of NJ Bathing Code.
Greater Somerset County YMCA offers the following employee benefits for our full-time employees:
- Competitive salaries
- Reduced program fees / school-aged child care
- Access to one of the leading retirement programs “Y Retirement Fund” with a 12% company contribution to fund after eligibility period.
- Paid time off
- Community volunteering opportunities
- Subsidized medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 100% contribution towards life insurance and long term disability
- Optional life insurance and dependent life insurance available at low rates
- Complimentary Family Membership with access to five association locations and to over 2,500 YMCA locations nationwide
Greater Somerset County YMCA is a drug free work environment. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information who share our values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.
How to Apply
Apply for Director of Aquatics using the link below: