Date posted: August 31, 2022
Location: 363 N Valley Forge Rd, Devon, PA 19333, USA
Devon Preparatory School, a Catholic, college preparatory school for young men in grade six to twelve, is seeking a Swimming Coach to join our Athletics Department- immediately.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The position of Swimming Coach will report directly to the Director of Athletics. The Swimming Coach is responsible for overseeing the Varsity and middle school swim teams. The Swimming coach will develop the skill of all players in the program and perform other related duties as assigned.
BASIC JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Actively promotes the Devon Prep School Mission
- Leads the program in participating in community service programs throughout the year, both in and out of season
- Conducts youth clinics and camps.
- Develops relationships with local CYO and youth swimming programs in the area
RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHERS:
Devon Prep’s Athletic staff has frequent encounters with visitors, students, faculty and staff throughout the campus. It is important to maintain a helpful, positive demeanor while interacting with these individuals. The Swimming Coach reports directly to the Director of Athletics but may be directed by other administration during the day if emergencies arise.
NATURE OF SUPERVISION:
The Swimming Coach is supervised directly by the Director of Athletics.
- Prior high school or middle school Swimming coaching experience is preferred
- Must have knowledge of current Swimming rules and regulations
- Ability to teach fundamental skills running.
- Ability to interact with student athletes of different ages and skill levels in a positive and professional manner
- Must demonstrate a high degree of integrity as all Devon Prep staff are considered to be role models for Devon Prep students.
- PA teaching certification
All inquiries and nominations are kept confidential.
Devon Preparatory School does not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, religion, race, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, or national or ancestral origin in the administration of its educational policies, scholarship and loan programs, athletic and other School-administered programs, or in the administration of its hiring and employment practices. The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
How to Apply
INTERESTED PERSONS should send resume and cover letter to:
Devon Preparatory School