Location: Concord, NC, USA
Sailfish Aquatics is a 150 member Safe Sport Recognized USA Swimming team based in Concord, NC, (ranked by Money Magazine as a top 50 Place to Live). We are a CEO managed, board owned 501c3 organization, with an independent board, not a parent/member board. Our goal is developing a strong base of technically skilled swimmers for years to come; accomplished athletes and well-rounded individuals through competitive swimming. With athletes competing on every level to National Qualifiers, we offer a great opportunity to develop additional coaching skills.
Sailfish Aquatics is searching for an energetic and experienced coach to join us in teaching our athletes and growing the program’s developmental groups. To be successful in this position, you should support life-long learning, have a passion to coach and support the community. You will be instrumental in developing athletes for our Age Group program by bringing skill development, technique and teamwork to Sailfish Aquatics.
You can find more information about our team here:
- Create and conduct workouts
- Attend all assigned swim meets (approximately 1-2 weekends per month)
- Attend staff meetings
- Assist or substitute for other coaches as directed
- Effectively teach strokes, starts, and turns
- Help athletes to develop and achieve their highest personal and athletic potentials
- Motivate training groups with goals, rewards, fun and team spirit activities
- Create a competitive environment in which the swimmers have the opportunity to succeed. Stroke acquisition and training utilization is a priority.
- Provide a safe, positive, encouraging, and challenging atmosphere
- Create group communication content for Sailfish Aquatics using email, social media, and team web site.
- Input/enter, update, and track swim meet entries, results, and time improvements for assigned groups through the Team Unify system.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Social Media
- Develop new member acquisition plans to support assigned group and team growth
- Maintain an accurate swimmer and attendance roster
- Schedule deck time 15-30 minutes before and after all practices to supervise swimmer safety, provide swimmer feedback and correction regarding technique, and build swimmer relationships.
- Embrace the Sailfish curriculum, abide by the Sailfish policies and procedures and work with other coaches/staff to support the Sailfish vision and strategies.
- Must be organized, have good communication skills (parents & swimmers), and be dedicated to working for Sailfish Aquatics
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned by the Head Coach
Requirements & Compensation
- Applicants must have a competitive swimming background, possess (or be willing and able to obtain) all required USA Swimming Coach membership requirements
- Full or part-time
- Continuing education is available
- Compensation is highly competitive and will be based on experience
How to Apply
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Interested parties should submit a resume and letter of interest to: The club’s CEO Dwight Dickerman