Date posted: December 10, 2020
Location: Issaquah, WA, USA
Issaquah Swim Team (IST) is a non-profit, board-run, year-round competitive swim team located in Issaquah, WA with over 300 members. Our mission is developing accomplished athletes and well-rounded individuals through competitive swimming. We strive to be the model swim club for athletes, families, and coaches in the Pacific Northwest. We are committed to athletic excellence while providing a positive, educative, healthy, and safe environment for all members.
IST is searching for an energetic part-time coach to join us in developing our athletes and growing our program while teaching and modeling our core values of being swimmer centric, supporting life-long learning, having passionate coaches, following a philosophy of growth, and building community.
You can find more information about our team here: https://www.teamunify.com/team/pnsist/page/team-info/missionvision
The part time coach will:
· Create and conduct workouts (approximately 3-10 hours per week)
· Attend all assigned swim meets (approximately 1-2 weekends per month)
· Attend staff meetings
· Assist or substitute for other coaches as directed
· Effectively teach strokes, starts, and turns
· Help athletes to develop and achieve their highest personal and athletic potentials
· Motivate training groups with goals, rewards, fun and team spirit activities
· Perform other duties as needed or assigned by the Head Coach
Requirements & Compensation
Applicants must have a competitive swimming background, possess (or be willing and able to obtain) current certifications in Lifeguarding/1st Aid and CPR/AED, and be able to pass a preemployment background check. Additional training through USA Swimming may be necessary.
Compensation is highly competitive and will be based on experience. This position will be eligible for two bonuses per training year.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $18.00 – $35.00 per hour
We have specific operating procedures the team will follow for coaches and athletes at each of the facilities we are using. These procedures meet or exceed the recommendations of WA State Dept of Health and the CDC.
How to Apply
Please email resume to: [email protected]