Date posted: May 13, 2022
Location: Philadelphia, PA, USA
Friends Select Aquatics is a USA swimming club that has about 90-95 swimmers and is currently looking for multiple coaches who would be interested in assisting or leading age groups ranging from 8 and under to 13-14 year old age groups. Ideal candidates have a passion for coaching and are looking to grow within the world of competitive swimming. These would be part time positions with weekday evening hours. Candidates must have the availability to attend 1 weekend meet per month. Specific hours will depend on groups and coach availability.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop quality swimmers through the established curriculum focused on fundamental stroke technique.
- Assess the needs of each swimmer and provide appropriate support and guidance
- Assist other coaches as needed and communicate regularly with other coaches.
- Plan, prepare, and conduct team practices in accordance with the approved curriculum.
- Recommend practice level placement and changes for all swimmers.
- High School / College Degree (preferred)
- Desire & passion for developing swimmers at a competitive level.
- Patient and gives simple instructions.
- Strong communication, organizational, and administrative skills.
- Expertise with current technique development and training methodologies.
- Enthusiastic and highly motivated team player.
- ASCA Level 1 certified or above
- Team Unify /Hy-Tek Meet/Team Manager skills (A Plus)
- 2 years competitive swimming experience (preferred)
- Current CPR, First Aid, Coaches Safety, and Safe Sport certifications and membership in good standing with USA Swimming.
- Successful completion of state requirements, including but not limited to the following clearances: PA State Criminal Background Check, FBI Fingerprint Check and PA Child Abuse Clearance
- Willingness to complete various online trainings, as required by the school
How to Apply
More information about the Friends Select Aquatics Club can be found here: https://www.teamunify.com/team/mafss/page/home
Please apply via the school’s website: https://friendsselect.isolvedhire.com/jobs/594608.html
1651 Benjamin Franklin Parkway, Philadelphia, PA 19103