Applications due 08/03/18
Location: 400 East Pothouse Road, Phoenixville, PA 19460, USA
The Phoenixville Branch of the Philadelphia Freedom Valley YMCA is seeking a Director of Competitive Aquatics and Head Swim Coach. The program, which comprises more than 200 swimmers, has steadily grown in numbers and stature over the last decade. In March 2018, the team finished second at the PA YMCA State Championships and sent 16 individual qualifiers to YMCA Nationals. Equally impressive is the strong foundation of steady improvement across the age group ranks. Therefore, this position presents a tremendous opportunity for the right candidate to reap the rewards of assisting in the development of young athletes into great people, while attaining regional and national recognition as a leader in competitive aquatics.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Management of the day-to-day operations of the Phoenixville YMCA Swim Team (PAY), ensuring that this year-round program complies with YMCA policies and procedures and recommended YMCA Competitive Swimming Guidelines for program quality and safety.
- Setting overall direction and curriculum for practices and meets while providing direct service to ensure program quality and safety standards.
- Developing, implementing and managing operating plans to promote program growth in the YMCA, USA and summer competitive leagues while maintaining and increasing a national level presence.
- Measuring progress against goals, and ensuring continuous improvement.
- Working with Aquatics Leadership to ensure we are meeting the overall aquatic needs of the Y community.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and minimum 3 years’ or comparable experience as a Head Coach. Level 2 ASCA certification desired.
- Experience in team management software (meet Manager, Hy-Tek Team Manager, Team Unify), timing system operation and budgeting.
- Exhibit strong leadership skills; possess a passion for member service that includes excellent communication skills with all age groups; build and maintain a culture of supportive relationships; set and achieve goals while providing an enjoyable environment.
- Current coaching certifications.
- Salary is commensurate with qualifications.
- Free YMCA Membership
- Access to health care benefits
- YMCA-funded retirement
- Employee-funded 403B
- 50% off full day childcare, camp and nursery school
- Tuition reimbursement program
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to Lisa McGregor at [email protected] . The application deadline is August 3rd, 2018. A mid-August start date is desirable.
Lisa McGregor, Senior Director
Senior Program Director
400 E. Pothouse Road
Phoenixville, PA 19460