Westfield Area YMCA-Westfield, NJ
Assistant Director of Competitive Aquatics
The Westfield Area YMCA is looking to hire a dedicated individual to manage and develop our 12 & under swim team program.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 3 years coaching and management experience preferred
- Ability to manage a competitive swim team program of 250+ Age Group swimmers, hire and supervise staff, facilities, equipment, scheduling, and the ability to work closely with the Devilfish Parent Advisory Committee.
- Be a member of USA Swimming (NJ)
- ARC and/or YMCA Lifeguard certification
- BLS for Healthcare Providers and Professional Rescuers (CPR & AED), Basic First Aid, and Emergency Oxygen Administration.
- Principles of Competitive Swimming Certification and Certified Pool Operator must be obtained within one year of hire
- Provide a season overview or macro plan for coaching staff. Develop or assist in the development of a full curriculum for all 12 & under coaches.
- Manage swim clinics, long course and provide individual/small group lessons as needed.
- Oversee Devilfish swim team tryouts including but not limited to scheduling of dates, inquiries, responses post tryouts, etc. Promote and recruit new swimmers for the Westfield Area YMCA swim team.
- Monitor and revise practice schedules & meet schedules with Director of Competitive Aquatics annually.
- Must attend all assigned meets and be on deck for all assigned hours.
- Be available to work mornings, evenings and weekends for practice sessions or swim meets as scheduled.
- Prepare lineups for YMCA Dual Meets. Develop a strong knowledge of the meet manager software and team unify website.
- Assist in the administration function of the team; i.e. team unify related work, emails, phone calls, results, etc.
- Stay within budget guidelines, review monthly expenses, evaluate staff’s performance annually and administer salary increases based on current salary administration plan.
- Assist in the development and administration of the Competitive Aquatics program budget.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and experience working with people of all ages and abilities, and demonstrate a commitment to the Y’s four Core Values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility.
The minimum salary for this position is $39,000 and will be based on experience, education, certifications and qualifications. We offer a comprehensive benefit package which includes medical/dental/vision/prescription/life and long-term disability insurance, long-term care insurance, 12% retirement, development training, Credit Union, a YPN Membership, YMCA Membership and Service Club Dues.
If you would like to be a part of our team, please send your resume with a cover letter. Your cover letter must include at least one significant accomplishment related to the major responsibilities of this position, salary history/requirements and 3 professional references. All requirements must be submitted to be considered.
How to Apply
Send your resume or complete an application which may be obtained from our website https://www.westfieldynj.org/about/job-opportunities
to Michelle Serafin at: [email protected]
Resumes/Applications will be accepted until 1/22/2019
220 Clark Street
Westfield, NJ 07090
phone: 908-301-9622 ext 530
fax: 908-301-9622 ext 530