Date posted: October 18, 2022
Location: Simmons University, Fenway, Boston, MA, USA
Position: Part Time Assistant Coach, 10-12 weekly hours not including competitions
- Assist in designing and administering designated practices.
- Attend meets as scheduled.
- Coordinating training methodologies, drills and practice group goals with Head Coach and/or Practice Group Lead Coaches. A primary focus on technique, skill development and long term athlete development is a must.
- Maintain good membership standing with USA Swimming and New England Swimming.
- USA Swimming background check and coaching certification in good standing.
- Availability for Early AM, Evenings and Weekends.
- Ability to assist at all sites (All are MBTA accessible, car is easier).
- CPR/Safety Training certifications up to date.
- Interest in working with all levels.
- Must be energetic and engaging.
- Must be a self-starter who also takes direction from the Head Coach.
Ideal candidate has:
- Prior USA Swimming coaching experience with athletes of all ages.
- Experience with Learn-To-Swim programming.
- Willingness to learn, grow, experiment.
- Personal competitive experience.
- Strong verbal and written skills.
- Understanding of Hy-Tek and Team Unify software.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter to head coach Chris Sheppard at [email protected]