Date posted: June 3, 2022
Location: Roanoke, VA, USA
|The CCA Marlins (CCA), a board managed, non-profit year-round competitive swim team located in beautiful Roanoke, VA, is seeking applicants for a full-time position as a Co-Head Coach/Aquatics Director. The CCA Marlins manage aquatics programs ranging from developmental to national swimming levels at two locations in the Roanoke Valley, the Carter Athletic Center and Lancerlot Sports Complex. We strive to create a fun, safe, and encouraging competitive environment. Our mission is to instruct swimmers with positive reinforcement and goal setting in order to achieve their highest potential. We believe that swimming is one of the best ways to develop a positive body and mind. In addition to creating better swimmers, it is our goal to help mold and shape more productive, confident, and successful adults.
Major Duties and Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
· Manage marketing and communication of program to ensure transparency with swimmers, parents and other interested parties.
· Oversee day to day aquatics activities, including pool water quality monitoring, safety and cleanliness of facilities, pool.
· Recruit, retain and develop swimmers at all levels according to USA Swimming guidelines and best practices.
· Manage and develop coaching staff to ensure optimal personal development of coaches and swimmers.
· Oversee all financial aspects of program, including annual budget and reporting, fundraising and program financial model.
· Develop and manage swim program, including coaching practices and techniques to create environment to ensure swimmers meet or exceed mutually established goals.
· Identify and champion participation in key regional, state and other USA certified swim meets.
· Attend staff and board meetings as required.
· Ability to work well with all levels of swimmer abilities and ages.
· Certified or willing to be lifeguard, CPR, and First Aid certified thru American Red Cross.
· Strong knowledge of current stroke techniques with a certification of ASCA Level 3 Minimum required
· Implement and oversee dry land program.
· Candidates must have experience coaching swimmers of all ages, especially senior (high school aged) swimmers preferably with a minimum of 5 years of coaching experience.
· Experience swimming at competitive senior level or college preferred.
· Must have all USA Swimming Certifications including a Background Check, Athlete Protection Training, Safety Training and CPR, and be in good standing with USA Swimming and their LSC. Willing to have background check performed.
· Possess good written and verbal communication skills.
· Candidates should have experience with Team Unify, Team Manager, Hy-Tek, and Microsoft Office.
The ideal candidate should be energetic, supportive, and enthusiastic. We are looking for a Mentor/Co-Head Coach who has a passion to coach and teach our swimmers. You should be as interested in our members’ character development as they are in their development as swimmers. If you run up and down the pool encouraging, motivating, and cheering your swimmers to perform at their highest level, then you are who we are looking for.
Competitive salary and benefits based on experience and expertise.
We will continue to accept resumes until the position is filled.
How to Apply
Please send a resume, cover letter, and references to Head Coach Amina Serir ([email protected]) or call with questions at (540)761-9488.