Applications due 08/19/17
******THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED**********
California Capital Aquatics (CCA) in Roseville, CA is excited to announce that we are beginning our search to hire a Director of Competitive Development! This position will be our staff member who helps introduce CCA and USA Swimming to our newer swim families. This position will require strong teaching and communication skills, broad knowledge of USA Swimming and the difference families will experience transitioning from seasonal swimming, the ability to organize and co-manage other CCA programs (Pre-Team/Fall Program), and most importantly the ability to show how swimming can be FUN!
-Setting the curriculum for our Blue, White and Pre-White programs
– Maintain a training database (test sets, training averages, season plans) that can be shared with the coaching staff
– Work with the Head Coach and Head Age Group Coach to develop and promote additional CCA programs (Pre-Team Program, Fall Programs, clinics)
– Attend all meets where Blue/White/Pre-White groups participate
– Promote a positive relationship with local seasonal teams
– Work with our Membership Coordinator to develop an education curriculum for our newer members
– Attend staff meetings/clinics as directed by Head Coach
– Consistently and effectively communicate to swimmers, membership, and staff to create a cohesive team atmosphere at CCA
– Educate families about volunteering opportunities both for CCA and Sierra Nevada Swimming (Officials, Zones, etc.).
– Management of assistant coaches who work with Blue/White/Pre-White programs.
– Organize a regular tryout schedule/system and coordinate scheduling with CCA Membership Director and Head Age Group Coach
– 25 to 30 hours a week plus required meets (between approximately 4:30-8:15pm M-F)
– Member in good standing with USA Swimming and current on all background checks and certifications
– Current ASCA Member (Level 2+ or higher)
– Strong and consistent communication with staff and membership (weekly emails, updates to website)
– Complete administrative tasks in a timely manner as directed by Head Coach/ Head Age Group Coach
– Familiarity with Team Unify and other swimming related software
– 5+ Years of USA Coaching Experience
– Personal Competitive Swimming Background (USA Swimming/ College Swimming)
– Dryland Coaching Experience
– Experience with GoPro Video/Software
– Public Speaking experience/ Education experience (running a classroom setting)
Compensation: Starting at $33,000 for those meeting minimum requirements, additional compensation possible based on experience and skill set of the selected candidate. Additional benefits include retirement, reimbursement for travel expenses and coach education costs, and overtime. This a non-exempt position. Anticipated start date would be Friday, August 25th.
Additional information: Qualified/interested candidates may have opportunities to be involved in coaching positions with local high schools for additional compensation.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to Head Coach Justin Brosseau at [email protected]. More information about the California Capital Aquatics program may be found at www.ccaswimming.org .