Applications due 12/31/17
POSITION: The Carmel Swim Club (CSC), located in Carmel, Indiana is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Full Time Assistant Coach. This will be a leadership role in our Age Group Program and include a role assisting in our Senior Program. This position reports directly to the Carmel Swim Club Head Coach/CEO.
BACKGROUND: The Carmel Swim Club operates a 50 meter indoor pool at Carmel High School and trains at select outdoor facilities during the summer months. The club hosts between 8 and 10 meets plus a triathlon during a normal swim year. Carmel, which is located in Hamilton County just north of Indianapolis, is one of the Midwest’s fastest-growing and progressive communities with excellent schools. Hamilton County, and Carmel in particular, was also recently named the #1 place in United States to raise a family. CSC enjoys a reputation of success, both locally and nationally, and is recognized for its perennial leadership in one of the nation’s largest LSCs. Carmel High School has won 32 straight Indiana Girls High School Swimming Championships and the Boys have won 17 Championships of their own. Carmel’s strong recruiting base and community support allows CSC to provide financially attractive and competitive coaching opportunities unmatched in the Midwest. PHILOSOPHY: Carmel Swim Club’s mission is “Teaching Excellence Through Swimming, For Life.” Our vision is “a Community Club with a National Presence.” Our core values are Courage, Perseverance, and Team. To learn more about CSC, go to www.carmelswimclub.org.
• Direct one or multiple groups of our 10 & under program, including the management/running of daily practices, handle all administrative duties for the group (communication, entries, etc.), and supervise all assistant coaches assigned to the group. This must be done in a direction that supports the coaching philosophy and direction of the club as established by the Head Age Group Coach and Head Coach/CEO.
• Establish and maintain relationships and open communications with swimmers and parents
• Meet with the Head Age Group Coach to outline practice sessions, meet schedules, and to discuss problems and/or opportunities. These meetings should also ensure that the management of the program remains united with one direction.
• Create a positive team oriented atmosphere where swimmers learn the values of courage and perseverance
• All CSC coaches are energetic and supporters of the sport of swimming and Carmel Swim Club
• College Degree (preferred)
• Competitive Swimming Experience (required)
• Swim Coaching Experience (required)
• Have experience in dryland training for long-term athletic development (preferred)
• Have a working knowledge of Team Unify and Hy-Tek Software (preferred)
• Must be current in all requirements to be a USA Swimming member coach (required)
• Candidates must possess integrity, strong communications skills; and a passion for helping swimmers maximize their potential.
• This is a salaried full-time position that includes benefits. A competitive salary for this position will be commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Email Resume to Brian Barnes, [email protected]
515 East Main Street, Suite 121 Carmel IN 46032