Applications due 08/19/16
*******THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED*********
Head Site Coach – Mercer Island – Seattle WA
Central Area Aquatic Team is looking for site coach to head up our expansion on to Mercer Island and head our partnership with Mercerwood Shore Club. Assets include a growing swim population on Mercer Island, a newly renovated facility, three Summer League teams and several CAAT families in the immediate area. CAAT is a young, up and coming team in Seattle and is looking for a leader who will continue the process of building CAAT into a regional power. Quality people, great board support, stable pool time, and an excellent group of coaches provide a good foundation for growth. A clean slate exists for the correct person to write his or her own story.
1 – Establish a culture where the team, the process of learning, and personal improvement though individual responsibility is valued.
2 – Educate swimmers and families about the roles and value of technical excellence, commitment, and competition in high-level performance.
3 –Collaborate with the head coach to define seasonal goals and objectives. With the support of the coaching staff, implement a team wide plan to produce those results.
4 – Help make CAAT the place where families want their children.
5 – Ensure CAAT is an asset to the MSC community by maintaining positive relationships with staff, members and other patrons and adhering to facility rules and policies.
- Competitive swimming experience at the club or collegiate level
- Minimum three years coaching with a USA swimming club with a proven track record of success
- Strong organizational and seasonal planning skills
- Strong communication skills with both swimmers and parents
- Ability to lead, support, and follow depending on the situation
- Teaching degree, athletic training certification or similar
The position will require:
- A positive self-motivated individual who is willing to learn, lead, sell the vision and work hard
- Approximately 20 deck hours per week + administrative duties
- Attend local and regional meets as required
- Lifeguarding (or willingness to certify), first aid, Safety Training for Swim Coaches
- A working knowledge of Team Unify and/or Team Manager
Compensation is generous and commensurate with experience.
Please submit resumes to Ken Spencer by August 19.
How to Apply
Email Letter of intent, references and resume to [email protected]