*******************This position has been filled**********************
Blue Wave Swimming is a progressive competitive swimming program located in Brandon, FL (the greater Tampa region). Blue Wave Swimming trains out of, and is owned by, Brandon Sports & Aquatic Center (BSAC). Blue Wave Swimming has achieved Level 3 status in the USA Swimming Club Recognition program and is currently a USA Swimming Bronze Medal Swim Club. Blue Wave Swimming is home to 140 competitive swimmers and 40+ Stroke School members.
Blue Wave Swimming is committed to building long-term success and is looking for the right coach to join and grow with our staff as we break ground on a new 25-yard training / competition pool in addition to our current 50-meter pool! During our club’s history, Blue Wave Swimming has sent multiple swimmers to the World Championships, Pan American Games, World Championships, and Olympic Games.
- Head Coach duties of leading/overseeing the program’s continued development from Stroke School through the National level
- Willing and motivated to work/be involved on multiple fronts within our organization-leading or assisting with clinics, camps, evaluation process, admin duties, coaches’ education opportunities, volunteer for Florida Swimming opportunities, etc.
- We are seeking a candidate that is ASCA Level 4 certified or higher (preferred), and has at least 5 years coaching experience.
- Strong organizational skills with current certifications in USA Swimming, CPR, First Aid, and an up-to-date background check with USA Swimming preferred.
- Strong communication skills and teaching skills are a must.
- College degree, knowledge of Team Unify and Hy-Tek strongly preferred.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prepare and execute workouts for National & Senior level groups.
- Work with staff in growing program and attend all meets where swimmers participate.
- Maintain effective communication with parents and swimmers.
- Uphold mission of the Brandon Sports and Aquatic Center.
Compensation: Salary is commensurate with experience.
Interested persons should direct their questions, letters of interest, resumes and references, via email to Brandon Sports & Aquatic Center Aquatics Director, Theresa Hickie, [email protected]. Position will remain open until filled.
How to Apply
Interested persons should direct their questions, letters of interest, resumes and references, via email to Brandon Sports & Aquatic Center Aquatics Director, Theresa Hickie, [email protected]
405 Beverly Blvd.
Brandon, FL 33511
phone: 813 689 0908