Applications due 09/15/16
****This position has been filled******
Babson College, located in Wellesley, MA, is seeking a part time swimming assistant coach for the men’s and women’s teams 2016-2017.
- Assist with coordinating and overseeing the recruitment of student athletes.
- Assist with contacting and evaluating prospective recruits; prepare and distribute recruiting information; may assist in recruiting efforts with the Admission Office.
- Plan, with Head Coach, recruiting trips based on contacts.
- Maximize efficient use of e-mail, internet, phone, letters, and personal contact.
- Assist with practice and meets as needed as directed by Head Coach.
- Assist monitoring academic progress of student-athletes; serve as a mentor to athletes helping to resolve academic and non-academic issues; be available to coaches and players before, during, and after practices, meets, and events.
- Assist in home meet set up and break down.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as required.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least one year of previous coaching experience
- Strong communication skills
- Computer proficiency
- Ability to travel and work evenings and weekends required
- Lifeguard certification preferred
- Must have had a valid unrestricted U.S. Driver’s License for one year, and maintain throughout employment an insurable (as determined by the College’s insurer’s criteria) or a satisfactory driving record; must successfully complete and pass the College’s vehicle training program within the first 60 days of employment; annual or more frequent review of employee’s driving record based on the College insurer’s criteria; and safety training as required by management.
How to Apply
Email cover letter and resume to Head Coach, Kristy Martin at [email protected]