Date posted: April 26, 2021
Location: 639 38th Street, Rock Island, Ill 61201, USA
Is responsible for assisting in the overall management of the College’s men’s and women’s swimming programs including coaching, recruitment and retention of student-athletes, scheduling and budget management, equipment ordering, scheduling contests, viable fundraising, public relations, and other duties.
Reports To: Athletic Director and Head Men’s + Women’s Swimming Coach
Status: Exempt, Part-time (no benefits), Academic Year Schedule (August 1-May31)
- Responsible for assisting the Head Coach to create an overall positive and successful environment for the student-athletes of the men’s and women’s swimming teams. Provide oversight and evaluation of the daily progress of the team including strength training, conditioning, and student-athlete academic, personal and athletic development.
- Plan, conduct and evaluate practice activities for men’s and women’s swimming team members. Provide group and individual assistance in a manner that engages the athletes and builds commitment to the program.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the Augustana staff to integrate efforts and create program success. Assist other staff members with activities as needed to reach the overall goals of the Augustana athletic department.
- Meet with prospective students and their family members both on campus and at remote locations as possible. Provide advice and counsel on the admissions process, the Augustana experience and the integral role of the student-athlete in overall campus life.
- Hire and oversee part-time coaching assistants and student workers as needed to assist with the program and competition-related activities. Provide feedback?both positive and negative?on work products and outcomes.
- Order equipment and supplies and manage operating budget for the program.
- Actively participate in department and college-wide meetings and events, and adapt work as required to meet overall campus goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- A demonstrated understanding of the NCAA Division III environment, requirements, and accountability, with previous coaching or playing experience in a similar setting highly preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to relate to a diverse group of students, athletes, coaches and campus community members.
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills.
- Must have a thorough understanding of and accountability to NCAA and CCIW rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated strong commitment to the academic and athletic success of the student-athlete.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to lift 50 pounds on a frequent basis. Also required is the ability to listen, hear, speak, climb stairs, bend, stoop, and stand for intermittently long periods of time. Exposure to outside weather and extreme temperatures is occasionally required. Long work days, particularly during the recruiting and competition season on a frequent basis.
Successful candidates must pass a criminal background check and have a valid drivers’ license with the ability to be insured by the college.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should apply online:
For full consideration, please submit a cover letter and resume.