POSITION REPORTS TO
Director of Aquatics and Day Camp Director
Independent school located in a suburb of Miami seeks a professional swimming coach to help facilitate the Miami Country Day Aquatics Swimming Program. Miami Country Day Aquatics is a growing program with competitive swimming, a water polo club, a master’s team, a swim lesson program and an interscholastic swim team. This multifaceted role involves teaching and coaching all levels within the USA & USMS Swimming Clubs, serving as the Aquatics Director for Miami Country Day Camp (summer-only), and coaching on the Interscholastic Swim Team staff. This position is important for maximizing enrollment, producing a rewarding educational experience for all swimmers, and ensuring that the overall aquatics program is aligned with the School’s mission.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Abide by the American Swimming Coaches Association Code of Ethics, the USA Swimming Code of Conduct, the FHSAA rules and regulations and MCDA policies and procedures.
- Plan, prepare, and conduct team practices in accordance with the curriculum and supporting the philosophy and direction set by the Head Coach.
- Prepare swimmers to participate in swim meets and attending them as scheduled by the Head Coach.
- Teach proper stroke technique and developing structured workouts.
- Assist the Head Coach with the development and implementation of the parent education program by creating blog posts and helping with monthly information sessions on various swimming topics (e.g., why swim meets are important, long course vs. short course training).
- Coach practice groups as directed by the Head Coach.
- Communicate well with staff, parents, and swimmers.
- Assist with year-round pool rentals, special training camps, and other unique events at the MCDS Aquatics Center.
- Act as Day Camp Aquatics Director responsible for creating and implementing age-appropriate swim curriculum for Miami Country Day Camp.
- Follow all safety and emergency procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Lead weekly swim tests for Miami Country Day Camp.
- Manage and help select a seasonal aquatics staff for Miami Country Day Camp.
- Provide supportive leadership for MCDS Auxiliary Programs’ staff.
- Provide administrative support for USA Water Polo Team and Learn to Swim Program, as well as USA Swim Team and Interscholastic Swim.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Ability to recognize problems and resolve on the spot.
- Work in a fast-paced, stressful environment dealing with a wide variety of challenges, deadlines, and a varied and diverse array of contacts.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to set goals, create plans, and convert plans into action.
- Exhibited leadership skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Additional language skill is preferred.
- BA/BS Degree
- Required Certifications:
- Lifeguard Training (American Red Cross)
- CPR (American Red Cross)
- First Aid (American Red Cross)
- AED Training (American Red Cross)
- Safety Training for Swim Coaches
- ASCA Level 2 Clearance
- Membership in USA Swimming
- Previous professional experience with an aquatics program.
- A genuine love for teaching children.
- Ability to relate to staff and members.
- Administrative experience in dynamic fast-paced environment.
- Must work well with varying age groups of children.
- Previous experience with leading a swim lesson program a plus.
- Must be able to work outdoors in extreme heat conditions for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift 35 lbs.
12-month exempt employee contract plus full benefits package.
Evening and weekend hours as necessary.
The above describes the general nature and level of work. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required as they are ever changing in a dynamic work environment.
How to Apply
If interested, please submit a letter of intent explaining why you are the right person for this job and current resume to Ms. Ria Maxwell, Dean of Faculty/Director of Human Resources at [email protected] Please be able to provide transcripts for most recent degree earned.
601 NE 107TH ST
Miami Country Day School