Maine Maritime Academy in Castine, Maine, seeks two Assistant Swimming Coaches – one for the men’s swim team and one for the women’s swim team.
Assistant coaching positions are temporary, academic-year positions under the supervision of head coaches of the Academy’s athletic teams. Assistant coaches are exposed to all facets of the profession, including, but not limited to recruiting, film editing and review, game planning, conducting drills and one-on-one workouts, and operations. Appointments are for one academic year and include an hourly wage of $10/hour plus housing for the duration of the appointment.
- Ability to embrace the school’s mission
- High professional and ethical standards for handling highly confidential materials
- Strong interpersonal skills (oral and written communications, presentation skills, personal demeanor, judgment, and diplomacy)
- Ability to inspire and motivate
- The ability to establish strong and effective personal and professional relationships
- Flexibility, initiative, and the ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Proficiency in the relevant sport
- Bachelor’s degree from four year college or university
- Proven willingness and ability to work collegially and within a team
- Proven ability to work effectively with a diverse population and to display a genuine interest in the community of the school
- College-level playing experience in the relevant sport
- Contacts include Alumni, Parents, Students and various external and internal constituencies
- This job requires the capacity to travel, work evenings and several weekends as necessary
- Occasionally lift and move up to 30 pounds
- Occasional long hours/days and weeks, irregular schedule
- Exposure to the elements during regularly scheduled outdoor activities
How to Apply
How to Apply
Interested individuals should submit the following documents in a single email to [email protected] (in the subject line of your email, please write your name and the position for which you are applying):
- Cover Letter
- Completed MMA Application*
- Copies of applicable professional certifications and/or licenses
- Contact information for at least three professional references
- Completed MMA Application Checklist
- MMA Self-Identification Form (attach as separate document)
*Pages 2 and 3 of the MMA Application must be signed and dated by hand or signed electronically using an electronic signature verification service. Electronic signatures, to include images of hand-written signature, will not be accepted unless so verified.
PLEASE NOTE THAT INCOMPLETE SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. ALL REQUIRED MATERIALS MUST BE SUBMITTED IN A SINGLE EMAIL.
All offers are made contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background investigation.
For the health and wellbeing of our community, the Maine Maritime Academy campus and vessels (ashore and afloat) are smoke- and tobacco-free as of August 1, 2016.
Equal Employment Opportunities
The Academy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, marital status, sex, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, national origin, genetic information, or physical or mental disabilities. The Academy provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals upon request.
Women, minorities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.