Applications due 12/29/18
Under direction of the Head Coach, the Assistant Coach will run practice sessions for swimmers
focusing on technique progressions. The Assistant Coach will help develop the team vision as directed
by the Head Coach and will effectively communicate to and educate practice groups ranging from 10
to 25 swimmers. In addition to communicating with swimmers, the Assistant Coach will also openly
communicate with parents and be available to them as a resource. The Assistant Coach will maintain
proper supervision and discipline over all practice sessions and meets. Most of all, the Assistant Coach
will strive to foster a lifelong love of swimming in all athletes.
• Assist Head Coach in creating thorough, age-appropriate workouts focusing on technique,
endurance, stroke development, drills, dry land, goal setting, etc.
• Lead structured practices
• Record all workouts and track daily attendance via On Deck Application
• Limit cell phone use to taking attendance during practice
• Assist the Head Coach with administrative matters relating to the team, swim meet
arrangements and team performance as well as interaction with parents
• Assist in coordinating and executing swim team competitions and meet registrations. Record
times at swim meets.
• Attend all swim team events to include, but not limited to, social events and meetings (if
• Attend all home swim meets and commit to out of town meets on weekends as staff schedules
• Engage parents and cultivate relationships to create a collaborative swim team environment.
• Assist in maintaining a clean and safe environment for swim team participants.
• Work directly with coaches, parents, Board of Directors, and swimmers in regard to the
expansion and continued success of the Helena Lions Swim Team.
• Notify Head Coach and Treasure of move-ups and/or when a parent communicates that the
swimmer will not be swimming anymore.
• Communicate core concepts to multiple age and ability levels simultaneously.
• Respond to emails, texts, etc., from parents within a 24-hour time period
• Meets and maintains all necessary qualifications, certifications and renewals as set forth by
• 2+ years experience as a competitive swimmer (preferred but not required)
• 2+ years swim coaching experience (preferred but not required)
• Fundamental understanding of competitive swimming. (Summer League, High School, Age
Group, College, etc.)
• Demonstrate proficiency of swim skills and have a strong foundation in stroke mechanics and
be able to communicate effectively with swimmers and their parents
• Enthusiastic, dependable, and dynamic presence with good communication skills
• Desire to learn and grow as a coach
How to Apply
Email resume to Head Coach Kyle Kallin at [email protected] and the HLST Board at [email protected]
Resumes will be reviewed when received.
PO Box 936
Helena, MT 59624