Applications due 09/01/16
August 12, 2016
Job Title: Assistant Swim Team Coach
Supervisor: Head Swim Coach
FLSA status: Non exempt
Rate: $15.00 – $20.00 per hour
The JCCNS Sea Serpents is a fast growing year-round team with over 80+ swimmers which was founded in 2012. We compete in both USA swimming and in the JCC Swim League. This past season we had multiple top ten swimmers as well as a Zone Qualifier.
- Experience as a competitive swimmer
- Knowledge of proper stroke technique and progressions
- USA Swimming Coach Certification or willing to obtain before start date
- Prior experience coaching and/or teaching swimming desired but not required
- Willing to train the right candidate
To assist the Head Swim Coach in meet entries, team communications and season planning. This position will be responsible for coaching one or two groups of the swim team, planning practices and attending weekend swim meets when assigned.
- Plan practices for the Novice and/or USA B groups of the Swim Team
- Act as a role model with professionalism and integrity at all times
- Continue to improve teaching and coaching skills
- Coach Novice (Introductory Group) Ages 6-9: Tues./Thurs./Fri. 3:15pm-4:15pm & Sat 8:00am-9:00am
- Coach USA B (Intermediate Competitive Age Groupers) Ages 9.5-13: /Wed. 5:30pm-7:00pm & Fri 4:15pm-6:00pm
- Potential Additional Opportunities: Coach USA B Tues. & Thurs. 5:30pm-7:00pm, Lifeguarding & Teaching Lessons
- Attend weekend USA and Dual meets home and away when assigned
How to Apply
Please forward your resume to Head Coach, Ashley Vieira, at [email protected] via mail to: Attn: Human Resources JCCNS 4 Community Road Marblehead, MA 01945 781.631.8330 www.jccns.com
4 Community Rd.