Applications due 09/24/17
Brandeis University is currently seeking applicants for a full-time Assistant Men’s & Women’s Swim Coach/Aquatics Director. Brandeis is a member of NCAA Division III and the University Athletic Association. Responsibilities for this position include managing the recruitment of academically qualified student-athletes, and assisting the head coach in all aspects of running the University swimming and diving program. Additional responsibilities include managing the operation of the Linsey Pool.
This is a full-time 12-month appointment.
Primary Coaching Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organize and manage all aspects of recruiting academically qualified student-athletes who have the fundamentals and attitude to compete in the University Athletic Association
- Assist the head coach with all planning and implementation of practices
- Help administer team rules and policies
- Support and enforce the head coach’s philosophy
- Coordinate travel logistics including team meals and transportation scheduling
- Coordinate and manage fall and spring community swim lesson programs
- Additional duties as assigned by the head coach
- Responsible for maintaining compliance with all NCAA, conference, institutional, and departmental policies and procedures
Primary Aquatics Director Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and schedule pool for all aquatics programming; including varsity practices, physical education classes, open lap swims, intramural sports, group fitness classes, campus events, rental groups, summer camps, swim lessons, etc.
- Maintain website and communicate operating hours to campus community and outside groups
- Hire, train, schedule, and supervise lifeguard staff; including policy development and implementation, risk management, and equipment purchasing and inventory. Ensure health and safety of all patrons.
- Submit weekly student employee timesheets for payroll processing
- Oversee all pool mechanical and chemical operations. Coordinate necessary maintenance and repairs with University Facility Services and/or outside contractors
- Additional duties as assigned by Associate Director of Athletics
Bachelor’s degree. A current CPO license and Red Cross Instructor Certificate in Lifeguarding & First Aid are preferred, but can be acquired immediately upon hiring. Knowledge with Team Manager and Meet Manager software programs is preferred. Strong organization and communication skills are a must. Ability to work a flexible schedule that includes some nights and weekends.
How to Apply
Email letter of interest and resume to Coach Mike at [email protected]
c/o Swim Office - MS 007
415 South Street
Waltham, MA 02453