Location: 165 Haverhill St, Andover, MA 01810, USA
To represent the YMCA personally, professionally and in a manner in accordance with the mission and goals of the YMCA. The Assistant Swimming Coach, under the supervision of the Swim Team Director, provides safe, motivational and knowledgeable leadership to the members, volunteers and program participants.
All MerrimackValley YMCA staff will help champion a culture of service excellence and support and advocate the mission and values of the YMCA.
- Current CPR, First Aid, and Coaches Safety Training Certifications
- Ability to achieve “Principles of YMCA Competitive Swimming and Diving” certification within 6 months of hire
- Must have at least 6 months of coaching or teaching experience
- Must have good human relations skills to facilitate positive relationships with community agencies, staff, volunteers, parents, members and program participants
- Responsible for day-to-day coaching on pool deck at various locations on and off-site. Be available for all YMCA team meets as assigned.
Physical & Mental Demands:
- Able to stand/move while on shift for 4 – 5 hours on the pool deck without sitting
- Ability to perform exercise equipment instruction, demonstration, and promote safe and effective training protocols
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Able to reach, bend, kneel and use /demonstrate aquatic training equipment
- Able to work and communicate clearly and effectively as part of a staff team both verbally and in writing
- Must remain flexible for job specific and general YMCA trainings and mandatory staff meetings
- All coaches are expected to be on deck ten minutes prior to the start of their practice
- Must pass all USA Swimming and YMCA Background checks and Child Protection Trainings
- Must remain up to date with all required certifications and trainings
- Each coach will be responsible for taking roll of the swimmers assigned to their practice group
- Each coach is responsible for obtaining and recording their practice group’s goals, and help guide these goals in a positive, purposeful direction
- Coaches are expected to attend a monthly staff meeting, which will be announced each month
- All coaches are expected to make a reasonable attempt to meet all members of the swim team
- Each coach will have his or her own unique duties assigned by the Head Coach
- Keep safety as a first priority. Emphasize personal safety and emotional well being with staff, volunteers, members and program participants.
- Attend all practices as scheduled
- Communicate with parents as to progress and / or problems
- Be available to staff team tryouts in August and September
- Attend league sponsored meetings and clinics when necessary
- Initiate and represent a high quality of service and connectedness with all members, participants, parent volunteers and potential members in the aquatic center and throughout the YMCA
- Be knowledgeable about various YMCA programs and events information.
- Be available to members, program participants and staff for questions, concerns, comments and follow up as needed.
- Supports Annual Campaign resulting in achievement of our annual fund-raising goal.
- Actively promote membership within department. Increase visibility and credibility of YMCA programs.
- Wear your staff shirt and ID badge for all shifts.
- Attend staff trainings and update your skills as position demands.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Effect on End Results:
- Growth and high retention of participants who understand the YMCA Mission and Goals.
- Staff, volunteers and members will be developed through activities which assist them to identify their skills, develop values and chart a positive direction, assisting them to reach their full potential.
How to Apply
Send resume and cover letter to Kelley O’Hara at [email protected]
165 Haverhill St
phone: 9786853541 x415