Location: 9920 Hwy 90 Alt, Sugar Land, TX, USA
If you love working with kids, Blue Legend is the place for you. We are currently looking for swim instructors for our year-round swim lessons. Competitive pay from $18-$30!!
- 9920 Hwy 90, Ste A Sugar Land, TX, 77478
- 17750 Katy Fwy, Houston, TX, 77094
- 8800 W Sam Houston Pkwy, s#107 Houston, TX 77099
- 1550 S Mason Rd Katy, TX 77450
Founded in 2014, Blue Legend has coached over 1,500 students in both Sugar Land and Katy. Our proven curriculum has been carefully developed to improve students’ technical skills in swimming, encourage a love of learning, and promote self-esteem.
Blue Legend Swim School is seeking a part-time/full-time swim coach to work with our group swim programs, which consist of Basic, Elementary, Intermediate, Advanced and Pro programs. This entails working with swimmers ages 4-15 years with a wide range of abilities. The assistant swim coach will oversee training activities of assigned groups and instruct group lessons focusing on technique, endurance, stroke development and drills, etc.
Lessons are from 5:30 pm – 8:30 pm on weekdays and 2:00 pm – 7:00 pm on weekends. The company currently has four locations in the Houston metro area and provides swim lessons year around.
The instructor is responsible for the safety of participants in class. They are expected to work scheduled hours, which include teaching the class, staying after class to answer parent questions as needed, and cleaning up equipment/supplies. They are also expected to instruct and evaluate students in groups, demonstrate proper swimming technique, and observe students to identify and correct mistakes. In addition, they are responsible for submitting completed report cards and skill sheets on time and attending mandatory meetings and training sessions as planned. All new team members must complete the training, regardless of experience. The instructors must always present a professional appearance and attitude. They must immediately and appropriately secure the safety of patrons in the event of emergency, putting the students first in times of emergency. All other duties will be assigned as appropriate.
- Consistent attendance and performance a must
- Energetic with focus on stroke development
- Experience working with children in large groups preferred
- Must have a background of five-year of competitive swimming or minimum of one-year experience as a swim instructor
- Must pass background check
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent required
- Certification of CPR, AED and First Aid (Preferred)
- ASCA Level 1-3 Certification or higher (Preferred)
Part-time $18 to $30 /hour
Full time: Salary will commensurate with experience and yearly certifications
For more information about Blue Legend Swim School, please visit our website at https://bluelegendswim.com
How to Apply
Please email your resume to [email protected]
We are hoping to fill this position immediately.