Applications due 03/20/18
Assistant Swim Coach
St. Johns seeks a part-time assistant swim coach. Under the direction of the Head Coach, this position will assist in the day to day operation of a year-round competitive aquatic club team utilizing a 25-yard competitive swimming pool at a Pre-K3-Grade 12 private school in Orange Park, FL. The club swim team currently has over 50 members year-round. This position will also assist in the coaching of the school’s varsity swim team. Practices should help participants to reach their full potential while providing a positive and supportive environment that encourages goal setting, work ethic, sportsmanship, and working as part of a team. The coach must attend morning (summer only) and afternoon practices and attend swim meets. This position will be responsible for keeping accurate attendance. Also, included in the responsibilities is summer work with the school’s Summer Camp swim. A successful candidate will be an enthusiastic and supportive coach who builds success through positive coaching.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work with the Head Coach to advertise and promote the aquatics club team.
- Prepare workout plans as required.
- Work to support all activities and programs at the facility.
- Attend all competitions at the pool.
- Prepare the facility for all events.
- Communicate regularly with the Head Coach and Facility Administrator on all matters of policy.
- Work to inspire young people while building relationships with parents.
- Assures that the aquatics program is supporting the interests and mission of the school.
- Current CPR and First Aid Certifications
- Pass a background check
- US Swimming Coach Certification
- Certified Lifeguard
- ASCA level 1 or higher
- Competitive swimming experience.
- 1 year club coaching experience.
Please send cover letter and resume to: [email protected]
How to Apply
Please email cover letter and resume to: [email protected]
3100 Doctors Lake Dr
Orange Park, FL 32073