Date posted: September 9, 2021
Location: Coral Gables, FL, USA
Assistant Age Group Coach
CANES is seeking an Assistant Age Group Coach to work with swimmers ages 11-17 on a daily basis. The coach will write both dryland and water training workouts.
- Reports to the Head Coach
- 12-20 hours per week includes a minimum of one meet per month.
- Working knowledge of USA Swimming and FHSAA rules.
- Working knowledge/application of stroke technique, swimmer development, and race strategy
- Working knowledge and the ability to teach clock management and interval training for swimmers learning how to train on intervals. Ability to coach 2-3 intervals at a time during sets.
- Ability to create a season plan and incorporate training phases and multiple intervals into workouts.
- Possess strong skills in public relations, and written/verbal communications, good word
- processing skills, and experience with swimming computer software.
- Assists with planning and organizing hosted swim meets, team meetings, socials, training trips, and team social events.
- Ability to work in sunny, hot, and humid environments for long periods. And train athletes safely in similar conditions. Ability to adapt the practice to changes in weather on short notice.
Certifications current or able to acquire upon hiring:
- CPR. First Aid, Safety Training for Swim Coaches, Concussion Training, and membership in good standing with USA Swimming.
- Athlete protection training, Safe Sport training, a background check through USA Swimming
- Foundations of Coaching 101 and 201
- Coach a group of 11-17 YO competitive swimmers daily
- Coach group of advanced pre-competitive swimmers as needed
- Office tasks related to meet entries, season planning, and communication with parents
- Opportunity to increase responsibilities/hours based on performance
- Opportunity for additional income with private swim lessons (optional).
Preferred start: Fall, 2021
Mission Statement: Hurricane Aquatics is a safe and supportive environment that teaches swimmers of all ages and abilities to work together for greater success; by encouraging teamwork, developing a strong work ethic, building self-confidence, and refining leadership skills.
How to Apply
Please send resume and letter of interest to:
Liz Kershaw – Head Coach