The Wilton Y Wahoo’s, a premier 2017 USA Silver Medal swimming club in New England is based in Fairfield County, Connecticut. We have an immediate opening for a Full-Time, Exempt status, Assistant Senior Coach. The successful candidate will be responsible for his/her own training group and assist with other groups on a daily basis. The Assistant Senior Coach is also responsible for all administrative duties required for their training group and other duties as determined by the Head Coach.
This position offers the successful candidate health and medical, retirement plan and Y membership benefits. All meet travel, educational, and cell phone expenses are fully reimbursed.
Develops a seasonal plan for dryland and pool.
- Conducts practices.
- Develops meet schedules and coverage.
- Prepares swimmer evaluations and recommendations on move-ups.
- Attends required swim meets.
- Submits meet entries.
- Maintains accurate attendance records.
- Holds goal meetings with swimmers.
- Assists with clinics.
Staff and YMCA Relations
- Trains and supervises assistant coaches in dryland and pool programs.
- Attends internal coaches meetings.
- Meets with Y staff as needed.
- Review all written communications with head coach prior to publication.
- Assists Head Coach and Age Group Coach when necessary at meets and practices.
- Holds parent meetings in groups and individually.
- Work with squad Vice President and other volunteers.
- Responds to parent communications by phone, in person, email or in writing in a timely fashion.
- Keeps parents informed of problems/developments with swimmers.
- Assists in promoting and recruiting for the overall program.
- Assists with brochure development and program registration procedures.
- Responsible for social media content and postings.
- Participates in Recognition night.
- Acts as an advocate within the community for the Wahoo program.
- Submits expense reports
- Provides input to annual planning process on team objectives and strategies.
- Assists with meet preparations.
- Helps to implement team fundraising projects.
- Supports the team’s overall fundraising projects.
- Actively participates in and upholds the YMCA’s mission to be open and accessible to everyone, regardless of financial situation or special need .Contributes time to raise funds for this worthy and necessary endeavor by supporting the Y’s Annual Giving and Capital Development campaigns.
Effect on End Result
Successful performance of the job duties by the Wahoos Assistant Senior Coach can have a major impact on the overall effectiveness with which the Riverbrook Regional YMCA and the Wahoo team accomplish their goals and objectives through:
- Ensuring strength and continuity for the overall direction of the program.
- Executing a consistent training philosophy and communication of team goals.
- Assuring high quality program delivery and positive image.
- Retaining current swimmers and inspiring new families to join the team.
- Improving the skills and performance of the individual participants.
- Allowing team members to have a positive growth experience.
How to Apply
Candidates with the determination to elevate the Wahoo’s to be the very best we can be, may complete our application located on our Y website. http://www.wiltonymca.org/index_employment.php?mode=new
In addition to completing the application on our website, please send resume and cover letter to:
Maria Bonini, Director of Human Resources
Maria M Bonini
404 Danbury Rd
Wilton, Connecticut 06897
phone: 203 762 8384 extension 206
fax: 203 762 8384 extension 206