Date posted: July 28, 2022
Location: Florida Gulf Coast University, FGCU Boulevard South, Fort Myers, FL, USA
The FGCU Eagles seek a volunteer assistant swimming coach to help with supporting our team as people, students, and athletes. This role will help support the coaching staff in the conducting of practices, team travel as well as other areas assigned by the Head Coach. The ideal candidate will be a valuable addition to our team culture as well as support our goals and objectives.
The volunteer assistant coach will have the opportunity to work with all of our training groups and will be expected to contribute their input and ideas in regular coaches meetings. They will have the opportunity to work with a dynamic staff who believes in the total development of the student. Specific responsibilities will be determined based on the needs of the coaching staff, and the team as well as the strengths and skills of the volunteer assistant. The successful candidate will ensure compliance with NCAA, ASUN/CCSA, and institutional rules and regulations pertaining to the program.
Opportunities will be available for supplemental income through camps/clinics, as well as the possibility to coach with a local USA Swimming Club program. This potential income will vary based on the coach’s desire and interest in these additional jobs.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are needed to develop and maintain positive, respectful relationships with student-athletes
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience in collegiate competition is preferred
- Ability to collaborate effectively with team members and support staff within the FGCU community
- Successfully pass a background check
- Rec Cross First Aid/CPR certified – or the ability to obtain them upon arrival
How to Apply
Please send resumes to Dave Rollins, Head Coach FGCU Swimming and Diving – [email protected]