Applications due 09/02/14
Drexel University – Assistant Men’s & Women’s Swimming Coach
• Assist in teaching, coaching, training and motivating men and women student-athletes to perform at the highest level through organized team and individual sessions.
• Foster an environment within the men’s and women’s Swimming program that supports the department mission of personal growth and integrity, diversity, leadership, sportsmanship and a commitment to athletic and academic excellence.
• Assist in selecting and successfully recruit student-athletes that meet the needs and growth of the program, department and institution.
• Work effectively with administrators, professional staff and coaches within the department of athletics to operate effectively within the structure of the organization.
• Communicate with all constituents of the program including professional staff, faculty, students, parents, alumni and friends.
• Ensure that the program complies with all institution and sports-related rules and regulations.
• Work to foster growth of the Drexel Swimming community.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Collegiate Swimming experience as a student-athlete
• Successful coaching experience (collegiate preferred)
• Knowledge of NCAA and conference rules preferred
• Valid Driver’s license with MVR check required
Background Check Disclosure: Background investigations are required for all new hires as a condition of employment, after the job offer is made. Employment will be contingent upon the University’s acceptance of the results of the background investigation.
About Drexel University
Drexel University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, welcomes individuals from diverse backgrounds and perspectives, and believes that an inclusive and respectful environment enriches the University community and the educational and employment experience of its members. The University prohibits discrimination against individuals on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, status as a veteran or special disabled veteran, gender identity or expression, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions and any other prohibited characteristic. Please visit our website to view all University Policies and Workplace Postings.
Swim Job / Swimming News courtesy of Drexel University.
How to Apply
www.drexeljobs.com Position #155711