Date posted: May 19, 2022
Location: 700 College Drive, Decorah, IA, USA
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
Assistant Men’s and Women’s Swimming and Diving Coach
- Assist with coaching as assigned by the head coach.
- Actively participate in the recruitment of student-athletes.
- Demonstrate strong leadership, motivational, and organizational skills.
- The ability to inspire student-athletes to perform at a high level.
- Advance the goals and mission of Luther College while adhering to the rules, policies, and regulations established by the institution, the American Rivers Conference, and the NCAA.
Assistant Director of Aquatics Center
- The successful candidate will assist the Aquatic Director with all aspects of the Aquatic Center’s operation, especially guard scheduling, training, and supervising.
If Interested – Ability to be an Instructor in HPES
- Teach various HPES activity courses.
- Active professional development including knowledge acquisition, staying current with teaching techniques, strategies and trends, and attending meetings.
- Enhance student development including skill improvement, mental and emotional growth, and inspiring individuals to excel.
- Contribute to growth and improvement of the department.
- This position supervises lifeguarding student workers.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and SKILLS:
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred.
- Experience: Collegiate athletic experience required. Relevant experience in athletic administration and facilities at the collegiate level, 1-3 years of experience preferred.
- Certifications: Lifeguarding and CPR/AED required upon hire. CPO and LGI preferred.
- Ability to cultivate and develop inclusive and equitable working relationships with students, faculty, staff, alumni, parents, and friends of the college.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- May require exposure to adverse environmental conditions such as noise, extreme temperatures, inclement weather, and other adversities as the incumbent perform duties and responsibilities in both an indoor and outdoor setting as well as occasional lifting up to 50 pounds and/or the ability to lift, carry, push or pull or otherwise move objects with a limited amount of force.
How to Apply