Date posted: August 27, 2022
Location: Seattle University, 12th Avenue, Seattle, WA, USA
Seattle University is a highly selective, independent, Catholic, Jesuit institution adjacent to downtown Seattle, and is seeking a dynamic and proven athletics department professional to serve as its Assistant Coach, Men’s & Women’s Swimming.
Located on Capitol Hill, one of Seattle’s most vibrant neighborhoods, Seattle University is one of 28 Jesuit colleges and universities in the United States and currently enrolls more than 7,400 graduate and undergraduate students within nine schools and colleges. Seattle University is among the most diverse independent universities in the West: 40 percent of its students are from ethnically diverse backgrounds and students come from 77 nations and all 50 states. Seattle University employs approximately 1,500 faculty and staff and has an annual operating budget of over $210M.
The university’s athletic program fields 20 Division I intercollegiate teams (9 men’s and 11 women’s) and is comprised of more than 320 student athletes. The Redhawks, Seattle University’s athletic teams, compete in the Western Athletic Conference (WAC) in all sports and have an excellent track record of achievement both on the field and court and in the classroom.
Assist in all aspects of NCAA Division I Men’s and Women’s swimming program, promote and foster a positive team environment, appropriate behavior, and sportsmanship by team members. Promote the physical and mental well-being of all program participants.
Applicant must have a commitment to compliance and to follow all NCAA, WAC conference and Seattle University rules and regulations. Must provide support and encouragement and ensure the safety and well-being of our student-athletes, including a valid driver’s license. Other duties as assigned by the head coach.
The position is a full time 12 month position with University Benefits.
Reporting to the Head Swim Coach, the Assistant Swim Coach will:
- Assist the Head Coach with coaching, recruiting, scouting/strategy and practice planning.
- Assist with organizational planning (travel, community service, study hall, etc.), and support student athlete development and assist with roster management
- Assist with management of team budget and equipment planning
- Follow Athletic Department Policy and Procedures.
- Provide positive leadership for student athletes.
- Know and comply with all NCAA rules and regulations, and pass the NCAA Coaches Certification Exam annually.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
How to Apply
HR Director, Talent Acquisition, Development, & People Analytics
Email: [email protected]