Date posted: June 17, 2022
Location: Glenview, IL 60025, USA
Assistant Manager (Full-time or part-time)
Elsmore Swim Shop— Glenview, IL
Elsmore Swim Shop is looking to hire an Assistant Manager or looking to hire Assistant Managers (AM) to oversee their new location in Glenview, IL at 2305 Willow Road. We are a Minnesota based company with stores in California, Indiana, Iowa, and Wisconsin that supply aquatic apparel and merchandise to teams, clubs, and individuals. Elsmore is family owned and has been in business for 40+ years.
The AM supports management in the daily operations of the store and team sales. There will be a team of four to eight high performing associates. The AM collaborates with peers and associates as well as upper management to assess the needs of the customer and develop the best methods for achieving service, sales, and operational objectives. In addition, the AM is expected to assume leadership of the store on an as needed basis. Elsmore will also market its goods at swim meets throughout the Chicagoland area. Attendance at these meets is a requirement of the position.
NOTE: Some evenings and weekends are required.
- Ensure a high level of customer satisfaction by being knowledgeable on all products offered (current and new) and working closely with other Associates to provide excellent sales service.
- Partner with the Store Manager to establish and communicate all critical metrics and expectations within the store, including but not limited to sales, visual, operations, safety, loss prevention, human resources, payroll/scheduling, and training.
- Support account sales which include new and existing client relations. Help anticipate the client’s needs, work within the company to ensure deadlines for clients are met and help the client in all their team outfitting needs.
- Manage, train, and recognize all aspects of performance and development for all store associates to encourage professional growth and build a bench of talent.
- Act as a liaison between customers, sales associates, and store leadership.
- Foster a positive and inclusive work environment.
- Previous retail management experience is desired but not required.
- Strong knowledge of and passion for swimming.
- Ability to recruit, hire, and motivate staff.
- Excellent computer skills including excel, word, and social media. Experience with Counterpoint and Magento is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and leadership skills.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
We have full-time or part-time positions available. We offer a fun and casual work environment. Hourly rates are $20-25/hr based on experience.
Benefits for full-time employees include insurance (health, dental, and vision), PTO, 401k with matching employer contribution, and employee discount. Part-time benefits include an employee discount, flexible schedule, and fun work environment.
How to Apply
Please contact Craig Charlson at [email protected] for more information or to apply.