Applications due 04/01/19
UWCSEA has a vacancy at its East Campus for an Assistant Head Coach Swimming position. The successful incumbent will report to Head Swim Coach to help drive the Dragons Team, who are currently International School (mythical) world champions and confidently coach at Senior and National Level with an appreciation of scientific coaching principles.
We are looking for an confident, dynamic person with emerging leadership skills who is able to collaborate and willing to work closely with the head coach to develop the programme as a whole.
- Assist and oversee Strategic planning with Head Coach in coaching senior/high school swimmers and lead the National Squad Programme and Sessions
- Directly influence and plan the development of the junior programmes in conjunction with the Head Coach and the Junior Age Group Coach
- Confident in driving forward a collegiate style team spirit and attend foreign trips and lead trips for squads
- Plan and administer all land based training. in conjunction with the swim macro cycle.
- Assist teachers with PE and Co-Curricular Programme swimming classes, both learn-to-swim and stroke development
- Be familiar with Hytek system and managing the programme for entries and meets.Attend and coach at meets in which Swim Team is competing
- Detailed daily planning and tracking of athletes and manage all aspects of the programme in the absence of the Head Coach
- To promote and safeguard the welfare by forming appropriate relationships and personal boundaries with children and young people.
- Listen to and help students resolve a range of issues that may be creating barrier to learning, implement strategies and support students in self-esteem and confidence-building activities.
- Responsible to manage and ensure the pool area is safe, secure and presentable at all times, oversee and coordinate set up for swim classes, monitoring equipment maintenance, storage and pool facility upkeep and maintain necessary administrative log records.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in related field with at least 2 years of relevant experience in a similar capacity
- Preferably ASCA Level 3 (USA) Coach or the former ASA/UKCC Level 3 certified or International equivalent and Certified First Aider
- Confident working on Team Manager and Meet Manager softwares
- Comfortable using social media, responsibly, as a tool to promote learning
- Able to work and communicate effectively with children of different age groups, parents and staffs via all means, including regular public speaking and have an good understanding of the International School environment.
- Able to multi-task, work independently and be excellent team play with good interpersonal skills
- To be comfortable to Coach / teach for at least 1 week at the start and end of each school holiday break and during the summer programme
How to Apply
Interested applicants to submit application via our portal by 1/04/2019, 11.59pm Singapore Time.
1 Tampines Street 73, (S) 528704
phone: +65 6305 5344