Applications due 10/26/17
The Assistant Group Coach – Part Time oversees the development and progression of swimmers at LAC by helping to execute daily workouts through a fun, challenging, and nurturing learning environment. The Assistant Group Coach – Part Time actively communicates with the swimmers and their parents. All Assistant Group Coach – Part Time employees will work within the LAC team structure, embrace the LAC curriculum, abide by the LAC policies and procedures, and work with other coaches to support the LAC vision, strategies, and values which include the following: Teamwork, Commitment, Integrity, Development, Leadership and Excellence.
Essential Job Tasks
- Abide by the American Swimming Coaches Association Code of Ethics, the USA Swimming Code of Conduct, and LAC Code of Conduct and LAC policies and procedures.
- Conduct team practices in accordance with the LAC curriculum and the guidelines provided by the respective Lead Group Coach.
- Follow a seasonal, weekly, and daily training and practice plan provided by the respective Lead Division Coach for assigned groups
- Know the swimmer roster and assist in keeping accurate attendance records.
- Know the following for each assigned training group: skill list, appropriate drills, and appropriate instructional language.
- Arrive and stay on deck 5 minutes before and after all practices and meets in order to supervise swimmer safety, provide swimmer feedback, provide correction regarding technique, build professional swimmer relationships, and assist the respective Lead Group Coach.
- Attend assigned swim meets.
- Assist other coaches/instructors as needed within LAC.
- Substitute for other coaches as needed within LAC at an hourly rate previously arranged through the Site Coach and the LAC Head Coach. This includes substituting during practice and swim meets.
Program Retention and Recruitment
- Proactively develop and maintain relationships with current swimmers through constructive feedback, encouragement, and general interaction.
- Foster professional relationships with current swimmers in order to motivate, inspire, and retain swimmers in the program.
- Proactively develop and maintain relationships with current parents.
- Attend LAC practice group and team activities.
Parent Communication and Education
- Establish relationships with parents through professional interaction.
- Help guide parents in getting their questions answered.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Attend or thoroughly read Staff Meeting notes in order to stay informed about LAC activities, events, and schedule changes.
- Actively participate in LAC committees, depending on professional interest and as time permits.
- Stay current with advances in the sport through books, periodicals, websites, audiovisual materials, classes, clinics, and by communicating with other clubs or teams.
- Minimum 1 + years prior coaching experience as a USA Swimming certified coach.
- American Swimming Coaches Association (ASCA) Level 1 or higher
- Must be current on all USA Swimming Coach Membership requirements.
- In good standing with all USA Swimming required safety and background check requirements.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Valid United States Driver’s License
- Ability to work in the United States
How to Apply
To apply, please email resume to [email protected]