Location: Bismarck, ND, USA
Assistant Diving Coach
The University of Mary in Bismarck, ND is seeking a part-time women’s diving assistant coach.
The University of Mary is an NCAA Division II institution and participates in the very competitive Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference (NSIC). Under direct supervision, this position is responsible for assisting the Head Women’s Swimming Coach in creating and maintaining a successful swimming/diving program for the institution. A key responsibility is the enthusiastic implementation of and personal investment in the University’s ‘Greatness through Virtue’ whole-person development model.
Candidates will be invited to demonstrate a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities Include:
- Assist the Head Coach with the daily administrative duties of the program including team travel, promoting the welfare and academic progress of student-athletes, and tracking equipment.
- Coordinate recruiting, identifying and recruiting quality student-athletes, including but not limited to communication, setting up visits and follow-up meeting with potential student athletes.
- Maintain working knowledge of scouting, recruiting and video software.
- Assist Head Coach with scouting reports. Organize and produce video footage for evaluation by coaching staff and team
- Assist with organizing camps if needed.
- Must to adhere to all NCAA, NSIC and the University of Mary guidelines and annually pass the NCAA Recruiting Test
- Attend community service and fundraising events for both the Swimming/Diving program and General Athletic Department
- Assist with other duties as assigned.
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience include:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Two or more years of collegiate coaching and/or playing experience.
- Must be knowledgeable of NCAA rules, standards, practices and procedures.
- The successful candidate must be highly motivated to coach, possess strong interpersonal skills and provide positive leadership in all aspects of the University of Mary and swimming/diving program.
- Candidate will be expected to show proof of CDL license or secure a CDL license after securing employment.
- Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
- Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
- Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Office of Intercollegiate Athletics and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Understanding the ‘Greatness through Virtue’ core strategies and being able to facilitate the growth of our Scholar-Athletes in the virtues of academic life
- Ability to recruit, retain, and coach highly talented student-athletes.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment as needed.
- Good oral, written, organizational and technical skills.
- Knowledge of management methods and ability to provide administrative guidance within area of responsibility and provide direct training and supervision as needed.
- Enthusiasm and the ability to thrive in an atmosphere of constant change.
- Ability to represent the department and University in a friendly, courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to respond to emergency situations in a timely manner.
We thank you for your interest in the University of Mary. Founded in 1959 by the Sisters of Annunciation Monastery, the campus overlooks the beautiful Missouri river and is located in Bismarck, North Dakota, a community of approximately 80,000 people, with wonderful family and parish life, friendly neighborhoods, enjoyable recreational and cultural facilities, a low crime rate, clean air, and excellent schools. The University of Mary, with an enrollment of over 3,000 students, is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
How to Apply:
To apply from our University of Mary career page, scroll to the top to complete the required fields. Attach your resume and click submit application. Additional attachments or anything larger than 5MB may be sent to [email protected].
To apply from outside the University’s website, click this link https://universityofmary.applytojob.com/apply/xgZJINaHyU/Assistant-Diving-Coach?referrer=20200603200055GSWSVQQVIF5C21LQ or copy and paste it into your browser.
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply