Beach Cities Swimming is a team of 350 swimmers located in Redondo Beach Ca, located a few miles south of LAX and proximal to USC, UCLA and LMU. Beach Cities Swimming fosters an environment that grows swimmers from novice to nationally competitive athletes, achieving USA swimming’s recognition level of Bronze in its 3rd year of existence.
We are seeking enthusiastic Coaches who are looking to help us continue a tradition of developing swimmers for long term success. Our motto “Building Character Through Excellence in Swimming”.
Job position available NOW.
The Age Group Assistant Coach is a member of the Head Coach’s Staff, as such reports directly to the Head Coach.
- Current Coach Member in good standing with USA Swimming (background, CPR, First Aid etc.)
- 5 or more years swim coaching experience at a competitive level
- Proven success coaching Age Group Swimmers (10 to 14 yrs. Old).
- Cooperative and respectful communication style with swimmers, parents and co-workers
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Well-versed in Team Unify.
- Passion and enthusiasm for competitive swimming, desire to excel and make kids love the sport
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- In charge of 1 or 2 training groups + assisting with other groups.
- Be Available 15 minutes before/after practice for parent/swimmer communication.
- Attend all meets at which members of swim group compete. Generally 2/month.
- Cover for other coaches when necessary (may include practices or meets).
- Coordinate movement of swimmers with other staff through training levels. The final determination and approval of swim progression lies with the Head Coach.
- Do season and weekly planning for practices, education, activities and competitions.
- Determine events for swimmers for competitions and post online.
- Finalize entries for group prior to meets.
- Assist in admin on deck – talk with prospective parents, promote funrasising, etc.
- Maintain open line of communication with the swimmers and parents.
- Set a good example for participants to follow exemplifying the highest moral and ethical behavior.
- Respect the judgment of officials, abide by the rules of the event.
- Treat opposing athletes and coaches with respect.
- Coach in a positive manner.
- Communicate in a professional and responsible manner with parents and / or swimmers regarding participation and involvement.
How to Apply
send resume to monique shelton