Location: Buffalo, NY, USA
The University at Buffalo invites applications for the position of Assistant Coach, Women’s Swimming and Diving. The State University of New York at Buffalo is a NCAA Division 1 institution, in the MAC conference with a 50 meter facility and a separate diving well. The Assistant Swim Coach, under the direction of the Head Swim Coach, is responsible for recruitment and retention of student athletes, planning, executing and overseeing practices for the Women’s Swimming and Diving Program. The Assistant Coach will work closely with the coaching staff in fundraising, community and alumni relations as well as oversee the academic progress of the Women’s Swimming and Diving student athletes.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
- Identify, recruit and retain student-athletes and assist in the development of scholarship student-athletes. Interact with student-athlete and family and provide counsel, guidance and support as necessary while consistent with team philosophy.
- Teach skills related to women’s swimming program and implement a thorough, sound and safe teaching plan and serve as a primary on-deck coach for the mid-distance or sprint group. The incumbent will assist in women’s swimming recruiting program by scouting at meets, etc.
- Develop, maintain and foster positive public relations with schools and maintain high level of visibility throughout the communities.
- Serve as the primary liaison with department’s academic advisor and oversee the academic success of the student-athlete. Assist with procurement, purchasing, facilities management and fund raising for sport program. Assist the Women’s Swimming and Diving Head Coach in all phases of a successful Division 1 intercollegiate program.
- Maintain accurate recruiting lists and have thorough knowledge of all NCAA and University rules and regulations. Acquire all necessary knowledge to successfully pass the NCAA mandated recruiting exam. Responsible for compliance with the policies and rules of the University, the NCAA, and the Mid-American Conference.
How to Apply
Please complete the application process at the following link: