Applications due 06/30/22
Date posted: June 7, 2022
Location: New Canaan Community YMCA, South Avenue, New Canaan, CT, USA
NEW CANAAN COMMUNITY YMCA
Position: Assistant Coach- Full Time
Supervisors: Director of Competitive Swimming/Associate Director of Competitive Swimming
Under the direction of the Director of Competitive Swimming and the Associate Director of Competitive Swimming, the candidate will assist/lead groups at the Developmental, Age Group and Senior levels of the swim team. This includes maintaining a high level of communication with fellow coaches, assisting with all daily practices, attending swim meets (Friday evenings and weekends), and assisting with the planning and executing of events (competitive and social). The Assistant Coach should be able to answer questions pertaining to all aspects of the swim team and should be cognizant of the other areas of the YMCA.
Previous competitive coaching experience is strongly recommended. Certifications in the following safety areas: CPR for the Professional Rescuer, Lifeguard Training or Safety Training for the Swim Coach, and First Aid. Other certifications: YMCA Principles of Competitive Swimming and Diving, USA Swimming Foundations of Coaching and USA Swimming Athlete Protection Certification. The successful candidate must pass both the YMCA background screening as well the USA Swimming background screening and attend a new hire orientation before they will be able to begin work.
- Proficiency in Team Unify and Hy-Tek Meet Manager strongly recommended.
- Assisting in creating and executing curriculum and seasonal plan for age group levels and pre-team programs.
- Report to supervisors on all matters relating to the team. (Athlete and team development, behavioral issues, etc.)
- Assist with all practices as directed by
- Attend all meets scheduled and assigned by supervisors.
- Keep all required certifications up to date (CPR, Coaches Safety Training, First Aid).
- Continue personal education related to the sport of swimming.
- Perform other duties as designated by the supervisor.
- Reply to all messages (phone, email, etc.) in a timely manner
- Attend all scheduled parent meetings as directed by supervisors.
- Job Description may be changed at any time by supervisors.
- Candidate must possess sufficient strength, agility, and mobility to perform essential functions of position, and to supervise program activities
- While performing the duties of this job, the candidate is frequently required to walk, stand, and talk.
- The candidate may occasionally need to exercise these physical labor demands of light work, exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally.
- While performing the duties of this job, the candidate may occasionally be exposed to outdoor weather conditions, wet and/or humid environments, moderate/ extreme noise.
EFFECT ON END RESULT
Assist in organizing, promoting, and developing an efficient and effective swim team program to encourage enjoyable youth participation and retention, under the auspices of the YMCA’s core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
ABOUT THE NEW CANAAN YMCA
The New Canaan YMCA is a 503-c non profit YMCA in New Canaan, CT (less than an hours drive to NYC) that serves the New Canaan Community.
The New Canaan YMCA Caimans have been a competitive YMCA swim team for 60 years.
The Caimans have been a very successful team that in the past has had multiple Olympic Trial Qualifiers, has been a bronze and silver medal club is a level 1 USA Swimming Club and has been a CT Age Group team champion. The Caimans have consistently had a presence at the YMCA National Championship placing as high as 3rd place in 2007.
This past year the Caimans have had a CT Senior Champion, a CT Age group champion, 2 2nd places finishes at the YMCA National Championship Meet and a US Open Qualifier. The team also won the GTSA TYR Championship in Tampa Florida in April.
While being a full time non -exempt full time staff member at the YMCA you would be eligible for overtime, medical, dental, vision, and life insurance as well as being able to join the YMCA retirement fund.
Salary will be at an hourly rate of $22.00 an hour.
How to Apply
Please also send cover leter, resume and three references to
Brian Fazzino at [email protected]
New Canaan YMCA
564 South Avenue
New Canaan, CT 06840