Applications due 11/30/17
UWCSEA Dragons Swim Team seeks an experienced and forward thinking swim coach. As a Assistant and Development Coach, this person should display initiative and confidence, particularly when leading the Junior Squad and Age Group programmes. The candidate will also be confident coaching at Senior and National Level with an appreciation of scientific coaching principles. The appropriate person should be dynamic and able to adapt to our ever changing and growing swim programme.
- Assist teachers with PE swimming classes, both learn-to-swim and stroke development
- Assist the Head Coach with the senior/high school swimmers when necessary
- Lead and or coach within the Development Squad Programme
- Coach a squad(s) for the College Swim Team
- Complete Swim Meet Entries
- Attend and coach at meets in which Swim Team is competing
- Detailed session planning and tracking of athletes
- Ensure the pool area is safe, secure and presentable at all time
- Arrange setup and clearing of equipment for swim classes and swim event
- Responsible for pool monitoring equipment maintenance, storage and pool facility upkeep. Maintain necessary administrative log records
- Coach / teach for 1 week at the start and end of the three major vacations
- Assist Head Coach with Senior/National Squads when necessary
- Be willing to coach between week 2-6 in the summer holiday programme
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Sports or relevants fields
- Preferably FINA Level 2 Coach or UKCC Level 2 certified or International equivalent
- Minimum 2 years swim coaching experience
- Certified First Aider
- Computer literate and familiar with gmail and google platforms (Familiar with Systems: Team Manager & Meet Manager)
- Confident in using social media, responsibly, as a tool to promote learning
- Able to work with children of different age groups
- Able to multi-task and work independently
- A team player with good interpersonal skills
- Confidently communicate with International School parents and staff. This will include regular public speaking, daily e-mail communication and an understanding of the International School environment.
- Provide a minimum of 6 months of previous squad planning.At least one meso-cycle but a full macro cycle is preferred.
How to Apply
Interested applicants to submit application via our portal latest by 30 November 2017.