The Assistant Coach is responsible for assisting the Head Coach in carrying out all activities necessary to accomplish the objectives of this sport within the guidelines of the NCAA, Sunshine State Conference and Rollins College. Primary responsibilities include recruiting, fundraising, sport instruction, administrative duties, budget management and equipment inventory and maintenance.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field; Master’s preferred
- Participation and/or coaching experience at the collegiate level
- Valid driver license and acceptable MVR, as well as ability to achieve certification to drive student-athletes to team athletic events
- Proven record of integrity, high principles and demonstrated skill in developing and motivating student athletes both academically and athletically
- Proficiency in Outlook, Word, Excel, Compliance Assistant, FrontRush, HyTek Team Manager and HyTek Meet Manager
- Ability to work effectively in an academically demanding liberal arts environment and abide by NCAA, Sunshine State Conference and institutional policies
- Leadership experience in the management of a successful collegiate swimming program
- Strong desire to pursue a career in collegiate coaching
- Lifeguard/CPR/AED certification preferred
Rollins College is a comprehensive, liberal arts college located just north of Orlando, Florida, a diverse metropolitan community with a thriving economic and cultural scene. Nearby, Orlando International Airport provides easy access to U.S. and international destinations. The College emphasizes innovative and quality teaching in small classes and ranks number one among 121 Southern master’s-level universities in the annual rankings of “America’s Best Colleges,” released by U.S. News & World Report. Visit the College website at www.rollins.edu.
Rollins College offers a generous benefits package featuring comprehensive health coverage, retirement savings plan with generous employer contribution and full tuition waiver after one year for employees, spouses, domestic partners and dependents.
Through its mission, Rollins College is firmly committed to creating a just community that embraces multiculturalism; persons from historically under-represented minority groups are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Candidates may apply online directly through the Rollins College employment website.
Apply link: http://jobs.rollins.edu/cw/en-us/job/492754/assistant-coach-mens-and-womens-swimming