The University of Virginia is a highly competitive Division I program committed to academic and athletic excellence. The Department of Athletics at the University of Virginia is now accepting applications for the position of Assistant Coach for the Men’s and Women’s Swimming and Diving programs. The University, located in Charlottesville, Virginia, is a selective public institution known for its teaching, research, and public service. The University of Virginia sponsors a twenty-seven sport intercollegiate athletics program, which includes approximately 650 student-athletes.
The Assistant Coach is responsible for performing various duties and responsibilities, including (but not limited to): coaching, instructing, recruiting, counseling, monitoring student-athlete academic performance, designing training sessions, collaborating on game plans and strategies, adhering to compliance requirements, and other sport program administrative functions.
This entry-level coaching position will be responsible for assisting the Head Coach in all duties, including coaching, office management, recruiting of prospective student athletes, and coordinating team logistics. This coaching position will directly assist the Head Coach with on-deck coaching duties and will also be responsible for several 12-month projects designed by the Head Coach to positively impact team performance.
This is a fulltime, salaried position within the Department of Athletics, which includes fulltime benefits. The hiring range for this position is $36,000 – $40,000.
Required qualifications include: a Bachelor’s degree and some coaching experience with regard to the sport of Swimming at the collegiate and/or club level, which includes demonstrated knowledge and understanding of all aspects of intercollegiate Swimming and the ability to teach technical aspects of the sport.
Preferred qualifications include:
- USA Swimming Level 4 certification.
- Experience at the collegiate and club levels.
- Experience working with national-caliber athletes.
- Student-athlete and coaching experience at the intercollegiate level.
- Student-athlete and coaching experience at the intercollegiate Division I level.
- Student-athlete and coaching experience with NCAA and/or conference championship competition.
- Athletic and coaching experience at the professional level.
- Athletic accolades with regard to the sport of Swimming and Diving at the intercollegiate or higher level.
- Administrative experience (i.e. budgeting, program planning, travel, etc.) at the intercollegiate or higher level.
Please do not submit any candidate materials directly to the Department of Athletics, Coaching Staff, or the University of Virginia. All candidate materials must be submitted through the [email protected] website in order to be considered.
The University of Virginia is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
To apply, create an application at https://jobs.virginia.edu and attach it to Posting Number 0622702. In addition, please attach a cover letter and CV/Resume. The position will remain open to applicants until filled.