Date posted: May 14, 2022
Location: 201 Dowman Drive, Atlanta, GA, USA
The Diving Coach performs coaching responsibilities as assigned by the Head Men’s and Women’s Swimming Coach.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience coaching, mentoring, and developing divers of a wide range of abilities, including divers at an NCAA national level. Experience with dryland training, including trampoline and dry board, is required. In addition, a successful candidate will develop daily, weekly, and seasonal training plans that are complemented by a comprehensive dryland program, partner with our strength and conditioning coaches to ensure the weight program is diving specific, and promote an inclusive culture and a positive environment that encourages student-athletes to strive for academic and athletic excellence.
This position is responsible for maintaining the integrity and reputation of Emory University and the Athletics program, and positively impacts the relationship between the University and its students, faculty, staff, alumni and community.
Primary Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist head coach in all facets of the program.
- Maintain and ensure compliance with University, the University Athletic Association and NCAA policies and rules.
- Provide leadership, organization and supervision for practice and competition.
- Maintain a high standard of performance consistent with Emory University and the Department of Athletics’ mission of academic and athletic excellence.
- Analysis of video and statistical data to further develop and improve student-athlete performance.
- Assist in organizing home meets and away travel arrangements.
- Ability to identify and evaluate highly competitive prospective student-athletes that meet the stringent academic requirements of Emory University.
- Communicates when necessary with Sports Medicine, Sports Information, Strength and Conditioning and administrative staff.
- Attend department and Campus Life meetings and events as required.
- Proficiency to perform various office duties such as managing recruiting database of student-athletes, maintaining contacts and records.
- Perform other duties as required.
Bachelor’s degree required. Previous coaching experience. Strong abilities to work in student-athlete development and their commitment to their athletic and academic success. Work with effectively with staff, alumni and community members.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess strong organizational skills to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Possess high work ethic, positive attitude, and professionalism at all times.
- Current certification in CPR/First Aid/AED.
- Supports a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion that reinforces the university’s commitment to an inclusive community.
This position will be a 10-month benefit-eligible appointment. An opportunity to start a USA Diving Club program, or to supplement income through lessons is a possibility.
How to Apply