Date posted: June 2, 2022
Location: 775 Talamini Road, Bridgewater Township, NJ, USA
Assistant Aquatics Director/Full Time Assistant Coach Needed
Work Days: Tuesday – Saturday
Immediate Opening: The Shimon and Sara Birnbaum Jewish Community Center is looking for an Assistant Aquatics Director to assist our Aquatics Director in all facets of the department. In coordination with the Aquatics Director, the Assistant Aquatics Director will grow the lesson program, oversee hiring and retention of new lifeguards, and ensure the continued success and operation of the aquatics department.
This candidate will also get the opportunity to coach with the JCC Bridgewater Tide (BWTD) as an assistant with developmental swimmers. BWTD is a growing team of over 140 swimmers, and was the first team in the state to achieve SafeSport Recognition.
- Coordinating and running private, semi private, and group lessons in coordination with the Aquatics Director
- Teaching weekly swim lessons to children in the Early Child Center
- Assisting with the training and onboarding of lifeguards
- Supervising the pools, which includes chemical readings, pool maintenance, and overseeing lifeguards
- Being the professional staff member on duty on Saturdays
- Working with the BWTD Head Coach to develop the Pre-Competitive, Tidal Waves, Bronze, Silver, and Junior practice groups
- Writing swim practices as needed
- Coaching at USA Swim meets on weekends as needed
- Directing the Summer Swim Club, overseeing the club on Saturdays, as well as some weekdays and holidays
- Lifeguarding some hours during the week
- Supporting the mission of the JCC, and assisting in JCC events throughout the year
- Experience as a lifeguard and/or group swim lesson instructor
- Strong customer service, communication and organizational skills
- Willingness to maintain working knowledge of current swimming techniques and training methods
- Ability to create a positive, inclusive environment where all swimmers are inspired to improve and succeed
- Willingness to obtain up-to-date USA Swimming, American Red Cross Lifeguarding/Water Safety Instructor, and CPO certifications within 60 days of being hired
Salary is commensurate with experience, and will range from $40,000-$45,000. Full-time benefits include subsidized health insurance, access to a dental plan, 401k, paid time off, and payment for USA and ASCA membership. We also provide opportunities for professional development, such as payment for American Red Cross certification and ASCA courses.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send a resume and at least two references to Aquatics Director Stephanie Johnson at [email protected].