JOB DESCRIPTION: The YMCA of Huntington is seeking for an experienced individual who will provide direction and leadership to the Aquatics department. The incumbent will follow all YMCA of Long Island and Suffolk County Board of Health aquatics standards to maintain safety for all aquatics programs in and around the swim area.
- Work with the Aquatics Director to maintain adequate staffing (training, hiring and evaluating) to deliver programs.
- Conduct any in-service trainings required by the YMCA association.
- Maintain and help coordinate Aquatic staff safety trainings and meetings.
- Assist the Aquatics Director with developing, implementing, tracking and controlling the department budget and programming.
- Work with the Aquatics Director with reviewing program schedules, capacity staffing and revenues to meet the community needs and the YMCA mission.
- Structure and help to lead and instruct YMCA swimming lessons of all ages and abilities. Schedule and arrange private swimming lessons.
- Maintain proper health and safety standards, in accordance with association aquatics safety standards and guidelines.
- Know and understand all YMCA, state, county and local health and safety requirements, including Pool Safety plan, Emergency Action plan, other emergency procedures and staff certifications.
- Help with collaborating and building relationships within the YMCA Branch, Association and community organizations, in accordance with strategic and operating plans.
- Maintain positive relations with participants, parents, members and staff. Serve as a role model to promote and demonstrate professional demeanor.
- Maintain all records, in accordance with law for pool maintenance, staff training and certifications, program member attendance and evaluation of participant skills and BOH requirements.
- Maintain certification level of physical and mental readiness.
- Responsible for recertification before expiration.
- Actively participate in training sessions, designated meetings and special events.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- At least 2 years minimum experience supervising lifeguards and swim instructors.
- YMCA Lifeguard certification or American Red Cross or equivalent. YMCA or ARC Lifeguard instructor is preferred.
- YMCA Swim Lesson Instructor certification or equivalent. Must obtain YMCA Swim lesson instructor within 90 days of hire.
- YMCA Pool Operation or Certified Pool Operator certification preferred.
- Current CPR, AED, Emergency Oxygen and First Aid certifications.
- Demonstrate swim stroke techniques, lifeguard rescues and CPR/O2 and First Aid skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
How to Apply
For consideration, please email: [email protected]. Please include a resume and a cover letter indicating your interest.
Full time Salary- negotiable depending on qualifications and experience. Excellent benefits package including YMCA Retirement Plan, Health, Dental and YMCA Membership/Child Care.
YMCA of Long Island, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to valuing diversity and practicing inclusion.
phone: 631-421-4242 ext. *148