Date posted: June 8, 2023
Location: 1900 Robert Dedman Drive, Austin, TX, USA
Oversee the Longhorn Aquatics Junior Longhorn and Longhorn swim training groups as well as manage team tryouts and placements.
- Consistent interactive and energetic coaching. Responsible for writing and running age and ability appropriate practices to achieve team/group goals. Responsible for developing age group program swimmers to compete at the STAGS and TAGS level. Aid in building a relationship with athletes, families and coaches. Help develop athletes and families understanding of proper progressions within the program. Effectively utilize assistant coaches.
- Assist with recruitment and retention for Longhorn Aquatics programs, including developing and organizing program structure and fundraising. Expected to be a timely and positive communicator with our groups and families.
- Manage swim team tryouts and group placements.
- Handle disciplinary issues per team policies and in coordination with the Head Coach and Head Age-Group Coach. Assist with hiring of new staff members.
- Assist the Head Coach, Head Age-Group Coach and Director by attending all required meetings at the University, local, state, regional and national levels as official representative of Longhorn Aquatics.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Five (5) years of experience with USA Swimming competitive programs. USA Swimming coach’s certifications. Experience working and communicating effectively with large diverse groups of people and high profile clientele. Demonstrated expertise with attention to detail, accuracy and problem solving. Experience providing professional customer service and operating both independently and as a vital part of a team. Exceptional writing skills and verbal communication skills.
Experience working within a university setting. Ten(10) years or more of coaching experience.
How to Apply
Apply through the University of Texas at Austin applicant portal: https://utaustin.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/UTstaff/job/Assistant-Age-Group-Swim-Coach_R_00026691
Resume, Cover Letter, and References Required