The Aquatics/Wellness Director is responsible for developing, implementation, administration and supervision of the Historic Cleveland Ave YMCA aquatics and wellness programs. This position will also oversee the Kershaw YMCA pool and summer camp aquatic programs and staff. Will directly supervise all employees in the Aquatic/Wellness Departments to include Safety around Water program.
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- To promote, administer and lead in development and implementation of aquatic programs and wellness services.
- To develop, implement, and oversee the school based (whatever age/grade is determined appropriate) “learn to swim” program in conjunction with the Public-School System.
- To plan, organize, implement, and evaluate all activities of aquatic’s programs for the Historic Cleveland Ave and Kershaw YMCA’s.
- To develop, implement and monitor aquatics and wellness budgets.
- To work with the association wellness coordinator to implement wellness services and appointments to members.
- To maintain knowledge of current trends in aquatics and be able to implement new programs and ideas.
- To maintain all pool operations, keep adequate records in accordance to local/State regulations, evaluate, control, and measure the effectiveness of the program.
- To recruit, hire, train and supervise all full and part-time employees in areas of the Historic Cleveland Ave and Kershaw YMCA Aquatic/Wellness operations.
- To assist staff in providing leadership for all staff including and demonstrating outstanding customer service. Serve as a Manager on Duty as directed/scheduled.
- To develop and implement the aquatic training programs including swim lessons instruction and lifeguard training. Participants in developing, scheduling and overseeing the Association monthly training calendar in regard to CPR/1st Aid/AED staff training.
- To serve as part of the staff leadership team for the Historic Cleveland Ave YMCA Annual Support Campaign.
- To assist the Sr. Vice President of Community Development and program director as needed in managing the branch facilities programs and services.
- To substitute for subordinate employees as required for adequate facility coverage.
- To assist staff and volunteers in grant writing pertaining to learn to swim and safety around water programs and services.
- To counsel with members regarding their wellness needs.
- Required for hire: PRO-CPR, 1st Aid, AED, Oxygen, & Current YMCA or Red Cross lifeguard certification, Current Lifeguard Instructor Certification, Current WSI or YMCA Swim instructor certification.
- Required within 30 days of employment: Bloodborne Pathogens, Child Abuse Prevention training.
- Nationally recognized Fitness Certification (preferred)
- Required within 90 days of employment: Certified Pool Operator Certification
The YMCA of Greater Montgomery is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Employment is subject to a background check.