Date posted: July 12, 2022
Location: Franklin and Marshall College, College Avenue, Lancaster, PA, USA
Franklin & Marshall College is recruiting for a full-time Aquatics & Recreation Manager
Franklin & Marshall College is a residential college dedicated to excellence in undergraduate liberal education. Its aims are to inspire in young people of high promise and diverse backgrounds a genuine and enduring love for learning, to teach them to read, write, and think critically, to instill in them the capacity for both independent and collaborative action, and to educate them to explore and understand the natural, social and cultural worlds in which they live. In so doing, the College seeks to foster in its students qualities of intellect, creativity, and character, that they may live fulfilling lives and contribute meaningfully to their occupations, their communities, and their world.
The campus is located in a residential neighborhood in Lancaster, PA, a vital, historic city in a county of over 500,000 residents, with easy access to Philadelphia, Baltimore, New York, and Washington, D.C. Lancaster offers both a diverse, urban environment and lush, rolling farmland. Residents enjoy charming historic districts and historical landmarks, a vibrant arts and cultural scene, and dining and shopping to suit every taste.
This position will provide administration and oversight for successful management of all aspects of aquatics facility operations, as well as the planning, development and fulfillment of a comprehensive recreational programming which includes but is not limited to aquatics programming, club sports and intramurals.
- Daily supervision of aquatic facility and programs to ensure a safe environment for all users: includes routine and preventative maintenance; equipment setup/breakdown/repairs of timing systems, scoreboards, public address systems, etc.
- Manage varsity swimming and external events (as needed) as on-site administrator (requires evening and weekend work).
- Hire, train, direct and supervise professional staff, lifeguards, contractors, student employees, volunteers required to operate the facility, programs and events at the highest possible standards.
- Plan, staff, conduct and assess aquatics and recreation programs that foster a sense of community through inclusive participation and maximization of student engagement to support overall health and wellness.
- Oversight of club sport programs, working with student leaders to provide direction, guidance and training on rules and regulations of the department, and sport governing bodies as well as assistance with budget management, travel coordinator, facility scheduling, roster management and eligibility verification from the director of sports medicine.
- Conduct day-to-day operations of intramural programs, including management of IM Leagues technology, marketing, registration, facility scheduling, staff and equipment.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 1 year experience operating and managing an aquatic facility
- Certified Pool Operators license or ability to obtain within 90 days of employment required.
- First Aid / CPR / AED certification required
- Lifeguard Certification or ability to obtain certification required
- Advanced knowledge of Google suite required
- Intermediate knowledge of Databases, Web Development and Statistical Software preferred
- The ability and willingness to provide excellent service and to work in a collegial manner with students, faculty and staff, and other constituencies is essential.
Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of reference checks, a criminal background verification, Pennsylvania ACT 153 background clearances, and verification of credentials. The College will coordinate these verifications.
Franklin & Marshall College requires all employees to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination by sending a scanned copy of their completed vaccination card to Human Resources. Employees may request a religious or medical vaccination exemption by contacting Human Resources.
Full-time members of the Franklin & Marshall College professional staff receive competitive starting pay and a comprehensive benefits package that includes health coverage, dental, vision, generous retirement savings plan contributions, education benefits for employees, spouses and dependent children, and enjoy access to all College facilities including dining venues to suit all tastes, recreation and fitness facilities, and libraries, plus access to College performances, lectures, and events.
Franklin & Marshall College is committed to having an inclusive campus community where all members are treated with dignity and respect. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the College does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices on the basis of gender/gender-identity, sex, race or ethnicity, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, veteran’s status, genetic information, family or marital status, sexual orientation, or any other protected class.
How to Apply
All applicants must apply on the Franklin & Marshall website:
Individuals who need an accommodation due to a disability in order to submit an application or attend an employment interview should contact Human Resources at (717) 358-3995.